• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

What's up with all the Wenger out signs in Philly? Lots of Gunners there?

Making reference to Spurs’ two penalties in their dramatic 2-2 draw with Liverpool, the Frenchman insisted simulation should have no place in the sport.

And in a thinly-veiled dig at Harry Kane and Dele Alli, Wenger claimed English players had now become the ‘masters’ of diving in the Premier League.

"We have to get the diving out of the game,” Wenger said.

"I remember there were tremendous cases here when foreign players did it.

“But I must say the English players have learned very quickly and they might even be the masters now."

Wenger’s counterpart Mauricio Pochettino appeared to defend diving following Spurs’ draw with Liverpool last weekend.

Alli was booked for simulation in the match but the Tottenham boss insisted “tricking your opponent” was all part of the game.

However, Wenger insisted he would never encourage his players to win penalties by attempting to deceive the referee.

"I am convinced that he wanted to say that tricking your opponent is to say that you have to be clever," he added.

"How far was it an apology for diving? I'm not sure at all. I don't think he would.

"In my personal case I don't encourage them to dive at all.

“Sometimes you want your players to be intelligent, they have played a little bit with the rules, they make more of it on the penalty case.

"Every striker will do that. They extend, a little bit, the rules.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ress-sport-news+(Daily+Express+::+Sport+Feed)

I don't feel like Harry dives (or simulates beyond the norm) but Alli definitely needs to cut that shit out. He's good enough without it. Embarrassing.

That Mangala loan move may be over. 125 minutes of horrible play followed by an injury.

Make some snide remarks after one game and bestphan will never forget it
You were just being an asshole for the pure fun of it. You know how much people can care about a sports team. it just happens that you don't care about that particular one as much as you care about others. Your "I don't care so no one else should" attitude is just unnecessarily dickish.

Back