• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Thanks? Kind of interesting that your view is that Liverpool getting a draw at Old Trafford is something that a Liverpool fan would make excuses for.

It's almost a little sad that Manchester United under Mourinho has fallen to the point where the possibility of grinding out a home draw against its rivals is viewed as success. It wasn't that long ago that taking on United at Old Trafford meant facing something very different.

I get what you are going for but ManU is currently above Liverpool in the table so whatever "sad" thing they are doing has worked better to this point than the "exciting" thing Liverpool has done.

I get what you are going for but ManU is currently above Liverpool in the table so whatever "sad" thing they are doing has worked better to this point than the "exciting" thing Liverpool has done.

That's correct. My comment is not about the state of Liverpool. It's about Manchester United.

Thanks? Kind of interesting that your view is that Liverpool getting a draw at Old Trafford is something that a Liverpool fan would make excuses for.

It's almost a little sad that Manchester United under Mourinho has fallen to the point where the possibility of grinding out a home draw against its rivals is viewed as success. It wasn't that long ago that taking on United at Old Trafford meant facing something very different.
I think United win 3-1 with 30% of possession and good, solid defending.

Liverpool will inevitably complain that they were the only ones trying to play blah blah

That's what I meant.

That's correct. My comment is not about the state of Liverpool. It's about Manchester United.

This says that you worry more about your rival club than your own. Or your former club, Fulham.

Traitor.

This says that you worry more about your rival club than your own. Or your former club, Fulham.

Traitor.

Turns out I'm fully capable of having thoughts about United and about Liverpool, even if I don't share them in a post. Amazing, right?

ESPN's combined XI for tomorrow's match.

i

Changing the subject for a second, I wanted to share that my nephew was recently offered a preferred walk on spot at WF by Clawson's staff and last week visited, watched a practice and toured the campus. He loved everything about it and while he has other similar types of options, I got the sense he was very excited about Wake.

I tried to explain to him that I know the Wake world a little because I've spent years chatting about footy online with a bunch of Wake guys and he looked at me like I was insane.

Changing the subject for a second, I wanted to share that my nephew was recently offered a preferred walk on spot at WF by Clawson's staff and last week visited, watched a practice and toured the campus. He loved everything about it and while he has other similar types of options, I got the sense he was very excited about Wake.

I tried to explain to him that I know the Wake world a little because I've spent years chatting about footy online with a bunch of Wake guys and he looked at me like I was insane.
That's awesome! Good luck to him no matter what he decides to do.

Twitter saying that Martial, Pogba and Herrera all out for tomorrow.

If that's true, then:

DDG
Valencia, Smalling, Lindelof, Young
Matic, McTominay
Mata, Lingard, Sanchez
Lukaku

Karius
TAA, Lovren, VVD, Robertson
Can, Henderson, Milner
Salah, Firmino, Mane

BTW BTB, how'd you stumble upon our boards for #footytalk?

You may have said before but I don't remember and am too lazy to search your posts. Nonetheless, genuinely curious

BTW BTB, how'd you stumble upon our boards for #footytalk?

You may have said before but I don't remember and am too lazy to search your posts. Nonetheless, genuinely curious

I blame it all on Sean May. When IU and UNC were recruiting the Hoosier legacy who grew up in Bloomington (still bitter), I spent time on the UNC board following that recruitment. It was there that I stumbled on a footy thread that was at the time fairly active. There were a couple of posters on that thread (fuheel comes to mind) that referenced this board and I've been coming around ever since.

If that's true, then:

DDG
Valencia, Smalling, Lindelof, Young
Matic, McTominay
Mata, Lingard, Sanchez
Lukaku

Karius
TAA, Lovren, VVD, Robertson
Can, Henderson, Milner
Salah, Firmino, Mane
Bailly is fully fit

Back