• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

This is going to be the most boring run in ever

1st is decided. 2nd pretty much too. Top 4 squared away
3rd/4th some intrigue for auto CL spot
5th locked
Can't see arse falling behind Burnley

Bottom 3 pretty much decided

Boring

Aren't 3 and 4 both auto CL now?

My hot take for the day.

There’s something really odd about the fact that United are on course to finish second in the league a year after finishing 6th in the league, and yet there’s so much uncertainty and turmoil surrounding a team that took a big step forward this season. Some of it is the expectations that surround United, some of it is Mourinho’s personality, and of course some of it is the meek surrender to Sevilla. More than anything, however, I think it’s the lack of clarity for how United intend to build a premier league and CL contender. We just don’t know what their plan is and it appears from the outside like they themselves don’t know.

Didn't realize that either, but correct: https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2499801.html

Group stage
There will now be 26 teams automatically qualified as per the access list drawn up from the UEFA association coefficients at the end of 2016/17.
For 2018/19 they will be ...
UEFA Champions League holders (1)
UEFA Europa League holders (1)
Top four from associations ranked 1st to 4th: Spain, Germany, England, Italy (16)
Top two from associations ranked 5th and 6th: France, Russia (4)
Champions of associations ranked 7th to 10th: Portugal, Ukraine, Belgium, Turkey (4)

Seeing some chatter about Patrick Vieira.

Löw to Arsenal would be amazing. I’m a Cincinnati reds fan as well and they fired their coach yesterday. If only manning could go as well....

Back