• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Poch and company signed a new 5-year deal with Tottenham. Excellent news for the team.

Up to £8.5m/year from £5.5m making him the third highest-paid manager in the PL (behind Mou and Pep) and the 7th highest in the world.

So do our new director of football and manager mean that we'll become anything more than a middling PL side, Brasky?

Poch and company signed a new 5-year deal with Tottenham. Excellent news for the team.

Up to £8.5m/year from £5.5m making him the third highest-paid manager in the PL (behind Mou and Pep) and the 7th highest in the world.

Worth it

Yep. Any manager who can pull that abortion of a club out of the ditch deserves a shit ton of pounds sterling.

So do our new director of football and manager mean that we'll become anything more than a middling PL side, Brasky?

Probably not. Honestly a stabilizing season with a top half finish, where we unload 10-15 players from our bloated squad, and play direct and pacey football, would be fine with me. Especially if we can get a few Top 6 scalps.

Probably not. Honestly a stabilizing season with a top half finish, where we unload 10-15 players from our bloated squad, and play direct and pacey football, would be fine with me. Especially if we can get a few Top 6 scalps.
I thought you preferred tiki taka?

From Dan Kilpatrick, Tier 1 for Tottenham:

thfc BREAKING: Poch & his staff have signed new 5-year deals until 2023. He has received assurances from Levy that there will be significant funds to spend this summer to take the club to the next level. A host of key players set to follow.

The Premier League is the top 6...... and everyone else. This year even a completely disinterested Arsenal team finished 9 pts above Burnley in 7th place.

The top 6 is uncrackable, save for a MASSIVE investment from an owner, which is just not going to happen.

West Ham for a top half finish? Sure, its possible but frankly, that's about as high as any of they can go.

The Premier League is the top 6...... and everyone else. This year even a completely disinterested Arsenal team finished 9 pts above Burnley in 7th place.

The top 6 is uncrackable, save for a MASSIVE investment from an owner, which is just not going to happen.

West Ham for a top half finish? Sure, its possible but frankly, that's about as high as any of they can go.

I still can't explain Leicester City's championship season... but it was awesome.

Agreed that $$$ is what matters by far and away the most. But every now and again you do get a LCFC type story. As for investment not happening, I think there are a number of clubs that are just the right owner away from being able to really compete - clubs like Newcastle with a sizable fan base and good enough infrastructure to become competitive year in and year out.

As things stand now City has the longest string of UCL appearances given Arsenal not making the cut. It was unthinkable 7-8 years ago that Chelsea or Man Utd. would miss that competition - ever. And it is good for the game in England. It would be great to see the Top 6 turn into the Top 8 or even 10.

This Fulham - Aston Villa match has got to be the most important soccer match of the year, financially speaking, no?

Is it not on TV? WTF? I can't find it and it doesn't look like it's televised per the interwebz

It's on ESPN+. which requires a monthly subscription (though, like fubo.tv for the UCL final today, there is a free trial period)

Am I the only one watching this? The Championship playoff final is one of the best futbol days of the year.

Back