• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

So the Guardian has an article about Nantes formally asking for the payment due for the Sala transfer. They make it sound outrageous that Nantes is asking for it. I get that it's a sensitive issue, but I dont understand how an investigation into the accident has any impact on Cardiff needing to make the payment. Seems Nantes is just following payment terms. Weird, sad situation.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nsfer-fee-from-cardiff-city-for-emiliano-sala

read that yesterday and unless its been updated it sounds like Cardiff wants to get paid by the insurance company before they pay Nantes.

I get that it is in bad taste to ask for the money when the body hasn't even been recovered/buried, but I don't think Cardiff look at that great right now either.

read that yesterday and unless its been updated it sounds like Cardiff wants to get paid by the insurance company before they pay Nantes.

I get that it is in bad taste to ask for the money when the body hasn't even been recovered/buried, but I don't think Cardiff look at that great right now either.

Yeah, shitty situation, but Cardiff has no reason to delay. Sad it's an issue as they're recovering his body.

Outside of Liverpool losing 1st place, the two positives from yesterday were Tom Davies and Jonjoe Kenny. Hopefully both get regular minutes the rest of the season. Kenny in particular was very impressive defensively, and full of piss and vinegar getting forward. Sadly Coleman's massive knee injury has taken two steps from him, and his days as a top level footballer are over. Unfortunately for us he still as 3.5 years left on a hefty contract. Would love for a Chinese or MLS club to snap him up.

Tom Davies has an excellent "what'd i do face?!?" after nasty tackles.

clip4.jpg

Speaking of atrocious, Phil Jones has signed a contract extension at Manchester United.

I'm not quite sure why. I guess he is homegrown "trained"?

At least I have more of this to look forward to. Majestic defending.

maxresdefault.jpg

Youri Tielemans might be in the squad for Leicester against Spurs. Interested in seeing him play in the Premier League. Stagnated a little at Monaco (in a tough situation after they sold everyone), but still only 21.

1) David Brooks is not their star player
2) Callum Wilson is
3) Ryan Fraser is dope too
4) Joshua King is fit and gonna score a hatty

Man United boy gonna make us all proud.

Youri Tielemans might be in the squad for Leicester against Spurs. Interested in seeing him play in the Premier League. Stagnated a little at Monaco (in a tough situation after they sold everyone), but still only 21.

Wait, what? When the hell did he join Leicester? How did I miss that?!

1) David Brooks is not their star player
2) Callum Wilson is
3) Ryan Fraser is dope too
4) Joshua King is fit and gonna score a hatty

Man United boy gonna make us all proud.

Callum Wilson has no knees. He's good though, but also out for the Liverpool match. Liverpool was one of the first teams to really feel the wrath of Ryan Fraser a couple of years ago.

Expecting a Dom Solanke hat trick.

Ugh, horrible news -- a fire broke out at a dorm/training center of Flamengo in Brazil and 10 people have reportedly died with many others injured.

One player said the fire started with the AC unit in his dorm just catching fire and he ran out of the building.

Fire service Lt Col Douglas Henaut told reporters that rescuers managed to save victims outside the building, but "we only found bodies inside".
"The place was completely overtaken by fire," he said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-47170055

Oh. My. God.

Rhodri Giggs just torched Ryan. LOLOLOL

Back