• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Puel out at Leicester. Loved the youth he's been bringing through and giving a chance, but it's been hard to watch lately.

Fans are actually at a point where they're excited about getting Rodgers :noidea:

The Shite are getting every break possible this season, and they’re still going to blow the title. Good job ManU, now it’s uo to the Ev next Sunday. And Watford in between, who’s can definitely knock a tie off them.

The collapse is happening, and it is glorious. Can’t wait to see what outside force Klopp blames next.

Puel out at Leicester. Loved the youth he's been bringing through and giving a chance, but it's been hard to watch lately.

Fans are actually at a point where they're excited about getting Rodgers :noidea:

I think he's a decent manager but he had to go

Far too inconsistent of a team

Hard to find much joy in a Citeh-Chelski final but Sterling sticking it to the racists was kinda nice

The Shite are getting every break possible this season, and they’re still going to blow the title. Good job ManU, now it’s uo to the Ev next Sunday. And Watford in between, who’s can definitely knock a tie off them.

The collapse is happening, and it is glorious. Can’t wait to see what outside force Klopp blames next.
He blamed United's injuries. LOL

Klopp: "If we had carried on like we started we could have won but we lost out rhythm with the injuries."

Lol, that's like when Klopp blamed Liverpool's illegal offside goal for their draw against west ham.

lol
lotta big shit talk from a supporter of a side that hasn't won the league in 30 years.

But as you said, half of United's first choice was out injured for the majority of the match and only one team ever looked like scoring. That being Manchester United.
No shots on target for Liverpool in the 2nd half despite United being forced into using all 3 subs in the first 45.

Liverpool are done. Toothless. Listless. Finished.
I've been waiting all day to read this post.

It felt dirty rooting for United today, though terribly satisfying.

I'm sorry! :(

Lukaku and Shaw were great yesterday, I thought. Lukaku put in a shift and played that brilliant pass to Lingard that could have won it. Salah was terrible, but Shaw definitely had something to do with that.

Unless they were in the red zone fitness-wise, I thought it was crazy that we didn't see Trent A-A or Keita, just crazy, and I thought Shaqiri should have come on for Firmino. Sturridge and Origi are done. The first 20 were ok, but I think Klopp got the selection wrong and the subs more wrong. Liverpool are an attacker short, have been all season, and they're just going to have to gut through it and hope something clicks. I guess the Fernandinho and Laporte injuries give a little more hope than I had yesterday at noon, but I hate thinking like that.

It's a tough one, but the Leicester result at home was worse. I hope they go all out from now on rather than drawing their way to losing the title. With this squad they need one of AOC or Keita in the midfield (if not both) at all times.

Couldn't agree more, the selection was more not to lose than going after a win. Shaqiri should have been in from the get go and certainly in for Firmino. I think both managers got substitutions massively wrong.

Everyone is all doom and Gloom but keep pace Wednesday and LFC will be top of the table come March! Any of us would have been giddy about that start of the season.

I think it says a lot that folks are down on the Leicester result and ManU. 2 year ago, we'd be sweating pts to get into 4th place with sure wins turning into ties or losses to bottom half clubs. This team has 1 loss this season in the league and still very much has a chance.

Klopp needs to get out of his own way and be a bit more aggressive with team selection. Injuries haven't helped but hopefully that's clearing up a bit.

Also, Henderson's been pretty good since December, and once-a-week Henderson can still put in excellent-to-elite performances like against Bayern, but he acted like a little child coming off yesterday (overshadowed by Kepa and Sarri's shitshow), and I can do without that shit. And, christ, sometimes/almost always in the buildup he drives me crazy. He still covers the space side-to-side better than Fabinho (who is improving in that lone role), and probably still a better long passer/switcher of play (although Fabinho had some dope ones yesterday, too), but he better get used to getting subbed/being picked for specific situations, or it's going to be a rough time for him.

I just want to apologize on behalf of Manchester United that our injuries yesterday caused Liverpool to not get the win.

We just feel torn up about it. Sorry, Jurgen!

Also, Henderson's been pretty good since December, and once-a-week Henderson can still put in excellent-to-elite performances like against Bayern, but he acted like a little child coming off yesterday (overshadowed by Kepa and Sarri's shitshow), and I can do without that shit.

Agreed. At least Klopp nipped it in the bud right then and there. If I were Sarri, I'd have forced Kepa off. He certainly would be sitting the pine for a game or two maybe even off the match day roster to get the point across.

I think he's a decent manager but he had to go

Far too inconsistent of a team

Yep, it was nice to see us possess the ball for a while, and i think Leicester is in a better place as a result of his management, but he couldn't get any consistency or turn better looking football into goals.

Look at Leicester’s shot maps lately. They are taking such low quality shots. It’s how you can outshoot a team 28-7 and get trounced. Puel didn’t seem to know how to put the pieces together. There’s a top 6 squad in there with a coach who can figure out how to put the best XI out there.

Look at Leicester’s shot maps lately. They are taking such low quality shots. It’s how you can outshoot a team 28-7 and get trounced. Puel didn’t seem to know how to put the pieces together. There’s a top 6 squad in there with a coach who can figure out how to put the best XI out there.

Umm.... no. They are a top 10 squad easily but even with the right manager, they can't crack the top 6. There is not a single squad 7-20 that could crack the top 6. I would even venture to say that the best starting XI from 7-20 wouldn't even break into the top 6.

Back