• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Been there. It's a shit hole.
Like Fenway. Famous for being old.

Fenway or Wrigley isn't a bad comparison. Definitely old, but that's the charm.

Im happy that its not a soulless tourist trap like most of the new/expanded stadiums though.

I don't think Liverpool are above celebrating a draw. Every game has it's context. For Everton, the context was hoping to derail Liverpool's title ambitions.

If given a choice, would Everton fans be happier with winning the Merseyside derby for the first time in 9 years or with Liverpool failing to win the league. The choice is obviously the latter.
True story. Their fans were even singing "Blue Moon" after the game.

Always fun being lectured by supporters of a traditionally top 4-5 club who conveniently chose a team to support based on historical success and a dumb anthem.

I think I’m in the minority, but supporter tribalism is maybe my least favorite thing about soccer. Just don’t have time for it, does nothing for me.

Toss up between money laundering schemes by oil state/oligarch/American billionaire owners.

Agreed. It all feels so forced to me.

Agreed. It all feels so forced to me.

100% this for me. I feel weird trying to manufacture hate for a cross town team, when I have never been over to that side of the pond. Only teams I dislike really are the ones bought by oil money. I would've had a Merseyside darby win over Pool title, but hey that's just me. If I get to go over there one day, perhaps I'll get the Liverpool hate more.

Last edited:
Fenway or Wrigley isn't a bad comparison. Definitely old, but that's the charm.

Im happy that its not a soulless tourist trap like most of the new/expanded stadiums though.

Same here. Can't pull for a club playing in brand new stadium, like Arsenal.

For all of you folks referring to Everton-Liverpool as a "crosstown rivalry" you should definitely try to make the trip over there - the two stadiums are barely a mile apart. It's astounding how close they are.

100% this for me. I feel weird trying to manufacture hate for a cross town team, when I have never been over to that side of the pond. Only teams I dislike really are the ones bought by oil money. I would've had a Merseyside darby win over Pool title, but hey that's just me. If I get to go over there one day, perhaps I'll get the Liverpool hate more.
They've openly cheered on a racist and murdered 39 innocent Italians and then blamed another club.

What more do you possibly need know in order to despise that group?

Well forgive my ignorance...link?

Heysel: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/heysel-stadium-disaster-30th-anniversary (look for John Smith's name)

The Suarez stuff is plentiful from them ignorantly wearing t-shirts with that racist's name and face on them to the club time and time again refusing to condemn racist behavior by one of their players.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-17101933
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...es-angry-reaction-from-black-footballers.html

For all of you folks referring to Everton-Liverpool as a "crosstown rivalry" you should definitely try to make the trip over there - the two stadiums are barely a mile apart. It's astounding how close they are.

Went to the Goodison derby last year. You can see Anfield from Goodison, as they are separated by a park. And there's pubs lining a street in between which are split 50/50. It is a very cool experience.

Plus I got to witness a Big Sam Bunker in person! Not many can say that.

They've openly cheered on a racist and murdered 39 innocent Italians and then blamed another club.

That and the moronic actions of their fans was responsible for getting Everton (and all English clubs) banned from Europe for several years during the late 80's when Everton was a top side in the world.

Just a very despicable fan group. Mainly made up of Norwegians. One thing I took away from Liverpool, is that the city is more than blue than red. There's a reason Everton is the people's club.

"They" -- so all Liverpool fans are racists and murderers!!!!!!!!!!Facepalm

2 months ago I would have loved for him to leave, but as he becomes increasingly deranged I think I'd prefer for him to stick around so I can witness all the red mutants turn on him when the Klopp Kollaspe occurs.

Like they said in the article, Klopp was fined 45k but not banned for his comments about Friend, but Pochettino is only fined 10k but banned two matches? Seems pretty crazy. Maybe he said some shit.

Back