• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

1) you cannot draw in basketball
2) wins aren't worth 3 points in basketball
3) win % is diluted in football since you can draw

Would you want the standings to be done by % of possible points won at any stage? I think that's the closest one could do to your NBA example.

Like Liverpool have played for 96 points (32 matches) and have earned 79 points. So they've earned 82.3% of their possible points.
Man City have played for 93 points (31 matches) and have earned 77 points. So they've earned 82.8% of their possible points.

Is that what you are arguing for?

I’m obviously not arguing for anything like that. I’m letting this go.

3 people currently have all 5 matches predicted perfectly on that NBC game

would each get $17,300 if the score remains 2-0

That speaks to something -- their hardest game left is @ United yet that could be a weird atmosphere, a la Man City @ Everton late in 2014 when an Everton result would have been a great assist to Liverpool's chances.

Seems most if not all United fans would rather deal with another City title than Pool's long drought ending

I’m trying to decide what is best case scenario for Totty vs City in the CL (from a Liverpool perspective). I think it’s lose late in the second leg to a BS call. If they get stomped morale will be low for that PL match, if they win they’ll probably start resting players.

I don't think City is going to rest anyone. Whether they run out of gas is a fine question to ask. But they are going to try and win all 4 trophies with all guns blazing. If they go up 3-0 in a game will they pull guys, sure. But they have a shot at something historic and they'll go for it.

I don't think City is going to rest anyone. Whether they run out of gas is a fine question to ask. But they are going to try and win all 4 trophies with all guns blazing. If they go up 3-0 in a game will they pull guys, sure. But they have a shot at something historic and they'll go for it.

Was talking about Totty resting but thinking now I doubt they would put all their eggs in the CL basket even if they make the semis.

I’m trying to decide what is best case scenario for Totty vs City in the CL (from a Liverpool perspective). I think it’s lose late in the second leg to a BS call. If they get stomped morale will be low for that PL match, if they win they’ll probably start resting players.

I think the best case scenario is close. Either a tie or 1 goal difference. This puts the second leg in both's grasp. As the EPL match, on current form Spurs are going to need/want that game to ensure top 4. They played well on Sunday and were unlucky not to get a point. I'm hoping that gives them confidence they can take into City trio of matches.

Would a dj not play his requests?

Apparently some Barcodes were giving him shit, which he ignored, until they brought his fiancee into it.

He's a dumbass for going out in Newcastle to begin with it, because Geordies gonna Geordie, but as far for standing up for his lady friend, that's cool with me.

Last edited:
Probably a better reason than standing up for Phil Collins, like Gerrard.

Arsenal have a tough schedule to close the season with 5 of 7 games on the road, but lesser competition, plus Europa League Quartefinals and beyond.

Chelsea need to win all their home matches, but travel to Old Trafford and Anfield.

ManU have a favorable schedule, especiallly if they win at Wolves. Play Chelsea and Man City at Old Trafford.

Tottenham need to win somehow, sometime. 6 out oftheir 7 remaining games are very winnable.

Leicester with a chance to play spoiler at home against Arsenal and Chelsea both. Everton host Arsenal and ManU.

55887760_10156755052177713_2235349616495165440_n.jpg

get back to my desk to see that United are up 1-0 and Scott McTominay is the goal scorer. Just like I would have predicted.

Back