• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Forward ball by Henderson. Only went 5 yards out of bounds before landing.

SO CLOSE!

What a player.

And to be quite clear, wakephan09 was RIGHT about henderson today. Bad performance.

I thought Barkley had a good game, Lingard was good after he came on, Rice was pretty good for most of the game, Chilwell had a solid game, Pickford wasn't bad. But the rest of the team was not good.

I'll count that one, because somehow Kane kept possession, but then it goes out of bounds.

Y'all get the point, so I'll stop. But if you actually pay attention to how he plays, especially at the international level, he's just dreadful

So the guy who captained his team to 97 points and a Champions League title is dreadful? The rest of us have just failed to pay attention to how he plays. Got it. Thanks

I've counted four now.

Only ten total passes in the opposition half according to official stats. 24 in his own.

Sterling with the nice open field tackle/cross body block...

So the guy who captained his team to 97 points and a Champions League title is dreadful? The rest of us have just failed to pay attention to how he plays. Got it. Thanks
Yep.

Also, I specifically clarified that he's especially exposed for England when he doesn't have superior players covering his ass constantly.

He was quite good in the CL final, I thought. Sometimes I watch him and wonder what he does well, other times I see it.

Yep.

Also, I specifically clarified that he's especially exposed for England when he doesn't have superior players covering his ass constantly.

I guess Henderson's lucky that Klopp doesn't actually pay attention to how he plays.

He was quite good in the CL final, I thought. Sometimes I watch him and wonder what he does well, other times I see it.
He definitely does some things well, he's a professional soccer player. But there are a number of English players who do those same things far better but don't get the chance to play for England.

It's one of my favorite wakephan09 takes. Captain of the champions league winning team is DREADFUL. But also, maybe it isn't a bad take.

hardly anybody was good in the CL final. it was a crapfest

Henderson attempted 24 passes over the 90 minutes; 17 of which he completed (71%). And he only touched the ball 41 times. Blegh.

It's one of my favorite wakephan09 takes. Captain of the champions league winning team is DREADFUL. But also, maybe it isn't a bad take.
To be fair, I've been utterly consistent about this opinion since 2009, when I saw him play as a teenager for Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.

If he wasn't English, he wouldn't be playing for Liverpool nor would he be the captain of the Champions League winning side. Blessed life, for sure

I really like Hudson Odoi, RLC, AOC, Demarai Gray, Ademola Lookman, even Phil Foden. But none of them really play the CM role, England are pretty short there.

I really like Hudson Odoi, RLC, AOC, Demarai Gray, Ademola Lookman, even Phil Foden. But none of them really play the CM role, England are pretty short there.

proven by Fabian Delph starting for them today at CM. woof

hardly anybody was good in the CL final. it was a crapfest

Henderson attempted 24 passes over the 90 minutes; 17 of which he completed (71%). And he only touched the ball 41 times. Blegh.

He recorded a lot of pressure events even possession-adjusted, kept Spurs from doing much in the center of the park.

Plus he's a LEADER https://www.espn.com/soccer/club/li...-leader-culminating-in-champions-league-glory

Think Husky is right, his teammates listen to him calling things out, and he's good at providing cover when players go out of position.

Loftus-Cheek one you've forgotten there.

Declan Rice is the future there. Even though Henderson isn't really that kind of midfielder either.

I agree he's decent positionally and fine defensively, though not great. But he totally fails to recycle play and spread balls wide because he's one-footed and has a below average control (for a champions league captain, we'll say) of the power and distance and accuracy of his long balls

He recorded a lot of pressure events even possession-adjusted, kept Spurs from doing much in the center of the park.

Plus he's a LEADER https://www.espn.com/soccer/club/li...-leader-culminating-in-champions-league-glory

Think Husky is right, his teammates listen to him calling things out, and he's good at providing cover when players go out of position.

he works his ass off, no doubt about that

but he doesn't really provide much going forward

and his left foot is abysmal for a professional footballer

Loftus-Cheek one you've forgotten there.

Declan Rice is the future there. Even though Henderson isn't really that kind of midfielder either.
Good shout
3b4b2a64d426a90a24d5a4dc6e0b09e8.jpg

Back