• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

New Liverpool away is like a 6/7 out of 10. Acceptable.

62230109_10157969764767573_2027278156313919488_n.jpg

Last edited:
Strong link for Ryan Sessegnon to Spurs by David Hytner at The Guardian

Sketchy report out of Portugal claiming Bruno Fernandes to Spurs is "close"

Bruno F's radar (as midfielder, so some stuff he does may not show up) and shot map. Shot map looks crazy. Radar might look better on attacking midfielder template. High xA plus poor passing percentage probably means he just tries to make a lot of shit happen. Some decent discussion of this in the comments, some bullshit, too, of course.

He took a lot of penalties (kind of like Pepe) and may have run hot on his finishing. Just a few things to consider.

Yeah those links are way too premature to believe but he seems like he'd be a boatload of fun to watch. Plus, when's the last time Spurs gazumped United for a signing?

Per some random guy in a comment section:
He is an incredible talent. A special player.

1. Ignore the stats for a minute. This guy is not a conventional midfielder. He can play anywhere along the attacking band, and regular switches roles during a game. Last year he was usually deployed as a winger, but this year he’s basically moved to the striker role. His game is about getting the ball forward at every opportunity. The midfielder label is misleading.

2. He has better technique than anyone currently at Spurs. He can dribble, he can shoot, he has an amazing free kick an uncanny knack for losing his marker. He has dazzling ball skills.

3. His passing is high risk. This is why his passing stats suck. When he receives the ball he immediately tries to get the ball in the opposition box as quickly as possible, either by running at the defense or cutting inside and looking for a killer pass. He very rarely goes for a cross.

4. He is not lazy. He runs hard and tries to win the ball back high up the field. He is obsessed with improving his game.

10/10 buy this guy. He’s unreal. But don’t buy him to replace Eriksen- he is nothing like Eriksen. buy him because he is simply too good to turn down.

Anyone know anything about Ibrahim Sangare from Toulouse? Rumored Everton target, potential Gana replacement.

Anyone know anything about Ibrahim Sangare from Toulouse? Rumored Everton target, potential Gana replacement.

I know some Spurs fans want him for the rotation (especially since Wanyama is broken and Dier hasn't been a nailed-on starter in a while). Sounds like a powerhouse DM, strong and with a good motor, decent passer but still young and raw. But that's just based on what I've read in other discussions.

"Lesbian couple viciously beaten in homophobic attack on London bus"

Defs Spurs fans.

This dude for France is pretty good.

I would buy Ollie McBurnie just for his sock game, and pair him with Memphis, Jack Grealish, Sheyi Ojo, and Rui Costa for my low sock all star team.

Just feels disrespectful to leave off the low sock god

TomDavies3.jpg

He looks like a unit who can move, and I’m big on units in midfield who can move. That sounds kind of sexual and it might be.

I dig that the Irish nearly always get in a fight

Unlike the Spanish or Italians who surround the refs about everything, seems like the Irish are happy to just settle things physically

Back