• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Boca and River final living up to expectations. Boca's bus was destroyed on arrival then the police tear gassed the entire area. Players going to the hospital with glass injuries. Just a one hour delay by the looks of things. Not sure how that works with players being unable to play now...

Boca and River final living up to expectations. Boca's bus was destroyed on arrival then the police tear gassed the entire area. Players going to the hospital with glass injuries. Just a one hour delay by the looks of things. Not sure how that works with players being unable to play now...

My understanding is that the players were tear gassed and got sick. Hence the "delay" instead of a reschedule. No away fans allowed at either leg of the final. And this is the last Libertadores final that will not be a single game at a neutral site.

My understanding is that the players were tear gassed and got sick. Hence the "delay" instead of a reschedule. No away fans allowed at either leg of the final. And this is the last Libertadores final that will not be a single game at a neutral site.

Yeah, absolute shitshow and from what I've read, neither team wants to play. And yet, CONMEBOL seems adamant it gets played today. Absurd.

Yeah, absolute shitshow and from what I've read, neither team wants to play. And yet, CONMEBOL seems adamant it gets played today. Absurd.

And there it is, CONMEBOL has said there is non-medical reason not to play. A half dozen guys throwing up from tear gas, several with glass wounds and 1 or 2 with eye injuries. #Dale

And there it is, CONMEBOL has said there is non-medical reason not to play. A half dozen guys throwing up from tear gas, several with glass wounds and 1 or 2 with eye injuries. #Dale

Dumb to pretend this was a "non-medical" reason to delay the game. And smart to delay the game. You don't want a title decided under those circumstances. Would be fitting if Boca managed to go in there and get the W tomorrow. Form of recent games between the two, however, suggests River wins tomorrow.

are you saying they don’t have good players?

Exactly what would be my point.

Probably don't have the talent to be Champions. But definitely have the talent to be doing better and be closer than the table shows.

Eric Bailly being on the bench is criminally poor mismanagement.

That club is not being well run on multiple levels. It goes beyond the manager.

No doubt. The greedy Glazers and the clueless Woodward are doing their part.

But let's not pretend that Mou is overachieving with a bad hand.

He is underachieving with a pretty good hand. 3rd season on the job.

No doubt. The greedy Glazers and the clueless Woodward are doing their part.

But let's not pretend that Mou is overachieving with a bad hand.

He is underachieving with a pretty good hand. 3rd season on the job.

So how would you set up this team to achieve. Because they look like a bunch of ill fit pieces to me. Hate your central defense in particular.

Mourinho overachieved huge last year to finish 2nd. It was horrible to watch and depending on De Gea playing like one of the Monstars, but still impressive.

Theres very few players at United who would see regular minutes at other "top 6" clubs, especially in defense. That club has flushed £500m+ straight down the toilet.

"First-team players at Manchester United are earning on average half a million pounds a year more than Premier League champions Manchester City, according to the Global Sports Salaries Survey."

"Manchester United this term on wages with the Old Trafford club paying an average of £6,534,654 per year to first-team players.

City's yearly bill comes in at £5,993,000, followed by Chelsea (£5,020,004), Liverpool (£4,862,963), Arsenal (£4,853,130) and Tottenham (£3,515,778)."

"The other six clubs in the top 10 all come from the NBA."

Interesting

Spurs are on pace for 88 points and are clearly in 3rd place. This season is a bit bonkers, City has raised to the bar to the point where you have to put up 93-95(ish) to even have a chance to compete for the title.

So how would you set up this team to achieve. Because they look like a bunch of ill fit pieces to me. Hate your central defense in particular.

The squad is a bunch of ill fit pieces.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

But continuing to play Matic when he's been out of form since March is just crazy. Continuing to play Lukaku as the 9 when he barely gets involved in build up play now is crazy. Continuing to play Smalling when Bailly is healthy on the bench is crazy.

And is Valencia really hurt? Or is he just being sat because he liked that Instagram post that shit on Mou? The timing is coincidental at best.

In no way am I saying that Mou is the only one to blame -- in fact, I only assign like 25% of the blame on him, but it is utter nonsense to suggest that the side shouldn't be performing better in the league than where we currently sit.

But on a larger point, I'd play Mata as the 10 as he has the most guile of anybody in the squad, so let him dictate play from where he can be most effective. I'd run Rashford as the 9, Martial as the LW, and Sanchez/Lingard as the RW and instruct the team to attack with pace, especially on the counter. Pogba could spring a counter at any moment with his passing. I'd also bring in Fred/Herrera and let them play the 6 over Matic, who has been dreadful all season.

The outside backs are a joke outside of Shaw and that's on Mou and Woodward, as well as LvG and Moyes.

The squad is a bunch of ill fit pieces.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

But continuing to play Matic when he's been out of form since March is just crazy. Continuing to play Lukaku as the 9 when he barely gets involved in build up play now is crazy. Continuing to play Smalling when Bailly is healthy on the bench is crazy.

And is Valencia really hurt? Or is he just being sat because he liked that Instagram post that shit on Mou? The timing is coincidental at best.

In no way am I saying that Mou is the only one to blame -- in fact, I only assign like 25% of the blame on him, but it is utter nonsense to suggest that the side shouldn't be performing better in the league than where we currently sit.

But on a larger point, I'd play Mata as the 10 as he has the most guile of anybody in the squad, so let him dictate play from where he can be most effective. I'd run Rashford as the 9, Martial as the LW, and Sanchez/Lingard as the RW and instruct the team to attack with pace, especially on the counter. Pogba could spring a counter at any moment with his passing. I'd also bring in Fred/Herrera and let them play the 6 over Matic, who has been dreadful all season.

The outside backs are a joke outside of Shaw and that's on Mou and Woodward, as well as LvG and Moyes.

All reasonable. Still don't think that fixes all that ails and apparently you don't either.

This was the first time in ten years that I did not buy FIFA, I got tired of all the glitches and the patches they’ve been trying to use over the prior two games. Just lazy on EA’s part, which isn’t really a surprise. Maybe 2k can get into the soccer field, I would pre order that.

Back