• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I hate the Glazers so much.

823e476c3f7e8ba0b06258d0222ad9f4.jpg

As a neutral, I find this Liverpool side to be pretty damn likable. Watching the inevitable choke will be amusing, but I'd rather see them win it than Chelsea or City. I guess I'll pull for Spurs, though I don't think they're actual contenders in the long run (Wolves at home?!?)

As a neutral, I find this Liverpool side to be pretty damn likable. Watching the inevitable choke will be amusing, but I'd rather see them win it than Chelsea or City. I guess I'll pull for Spurs, though I don't think they're actual contenders in the long run (Wolves at home?!?)

this is me as well

Lololol

Positive spin of being up 4 points instead of 7 or 10

Yeah, I'm sure they won't feel the pressure and let this one slip.

I'm sure you would enjoy it better if I were hysterical instead of happy with our current position. They may slip, or this might go down to the final week but despite your expectations, I'd still be happy with 2nd. Sure I want a title, but i'm not of the mindset of klopp must win this season. This team is heads and shoulders above where it was 3-4 seasons ago and hella entertaining to watch. Very enjoyable which must be frustrating to you.

10 would have been nice but +4 is a hell of a lot better than 16 back. Offer me a 4 pt lead with 3 games vs top 6 left, 2 at home and none against the best team in Europe remaining before the season and.... Sold.

SO what happens when Ole runs a pretty good second half. Say finish 4-6, another round or two of CL. Does United even interview at the end of season or just appoint Ole?

I hate the Glazers so much.
Dude. At least you're buying players. Holy fucking outlier, Spurs.

Yep. Wolves at home. Wolves are a strong club and have taken points off Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, and City in the league this year already. That is astonishing. Plus, Spurs had been run through a blender with injuries and match congestion. They were totally due for that result (and they whipped Cardiff the next time out). Title contenders? Nah, but they weren't before Wolves, either (easier seen in retrospect, possibly).

I'll be thrilled with a 3rd place finish this season and even more thrilled with an Eriksen contract and a CM signing. But let's not get greedy. Spurs don't buy players anymore.

SO what happens when Ole runs a pretty good second half. Say finish 4-6, another round or two of CL. Does United even interview at the end of season or just appoint Ole?

My guess is that the only way OGS keeps it is if United manages to finish 4th. I'm doubt 5th or 6th gets it done, though I suppose a CL run could change that. In any event, I think it's unlikely he's the manager next season since I'm not optimistic right now about a 4th place finish or getting past PSG, though a win at Spurs would certainly help with my optimism.

If United finish 4th and continue playing this way there is no way you can't appoint him.

Big if though

Dream set of fixtures to start in combination with new manager honeymoon

Harry Kane evidently jealous that Fernando is scoring all his rightful goals and scores one after being subbed on in the 75'. Against Tranmere Rovers. Up 6-0 at the time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My guess is that the only way OGS keeps it is if United manages to finish 4th. I'm doubt 5th or 6th gets it done, though I suppose a CL run could change that. In any event, I think it's unlikely he's the manager next season since I'm not optimistic right now about a 4th place finish or getting past PSG, though a win at Spurs would certainly help with my optimism.
Ole pulls a di Matteo and the job is his

Get in CL= permanent manager. Hopefully just a 2 year contract but he would have earned it

1997: United win PL
1998: Arsenal win PL.
1999: United win PL.
2000: United win PL
2001: United win PL
2002: Arsenal win PL
2003: United win PL
2004: Arsenal win PL

2019 pundits (paraphrased) “LFC v MCFC is the greatest rivalry the PL has ever seen”

Do me a favor...

Back