• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

McTommy is good at like two things, running off the ball with confidence and double teaming a player on the balm and winning it back for his club. He’s bad at passing and moving and defending and contributing to the buildup. But he plays with an absolute boatload of confidence at all times and there’s something to be said about that. Maybe if sir Alex hand picked me I’d be better at my job!

???????????????

Considering Sir Alex retired in 2013 when McTominay was 17 and wouldn't make his first appearance for the senior team for another 4 seasons.

Who do the Everton folks on here want as the next manager?

The people I want are not going to go to Everton (Marco Rose, Roger Schmidt). Of the likely ones, I'd give Arteta a punt if he'd go for it.

???????????????

Considering Sir Alex retired in 2013 when McTominay was 17 and wouldn't make his first appearance for the senior team for another 4 seasons.

Heh, there are loads of stories of Sir Alex trying to get a word in about making sure Scotty got time: https://www.facebook.com/JustBetter.MUFC/videos/1351452071625534/

Here's Fergie telling Scott to play for Scotland when he was a youth:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manches...me-pick-scotland-over-england-scott-mctominay

It's been an open secret in football since long before he debuted that he was Sir Alex's golden boy.

Meh, same stories were true for Darren Fletcher

SAF always had a weak spot for Scottish kids that reminded him of himself

McTominay has still vastly outplayed Fred this season. And I am not a McTominay believer by any stretch, but credit where it is due.

"bad at moving" is still cracking me up, btw. What does that even mean?

passing and moving. like after he passes, availing himself of the ball or creating space for himself and his teammates.

Probably was trying to decide if they should let him be the scape goat for 3 more fixtures before making the change.

Headed up to Small Batch in Winston to watch both matches, but probably won’t get there until 3:30-3:45. I messaged the bar and they will have both on.

Hopefully I won’t get beat up at the “Liverpool” bar wearing my Toffees Christmas sweater

Literally no one has made the argument that you'd get beat up at Small Batch (which is clearly a Liverpool bar and was packed for the Champions League final). But keep on poking fun at that straw man.

My argument was that if my team is gonna get its ass beat 5-2 I'd rather not be surrounded by supporters from the other side. Would you want to go to a Danny-Manning-Coached Wake basketball game at Cameron this year vs watching at home? I sure as fuck wouldn't.

Inspired first half for Big Dunc. Glad to see that he has actual brain unlike Marco, and is playing a deep 4-4-2 to cover for our depleted MF. Siggy and Schneids are both very slow and need to be asked to cover as little ground as possible.

Not sure we can maintain this energy and keep bailing ourselves out in our 18, but I love the effort so far. And unlike with Big Sam we actually look capable of hitting on the counter.

I don’t even know what to say about the Gunners right now. Soft, uninspired, clueless, and weak immediately come to mind. Burn it to the ground Stan.

I don’t even know what to say about the Gunners right now. Soft, uninspired, clueless, and weak immediately come to mind. Burn it to the ground Stan.

I'd argue he is working on that. Maybe he is getting them to fail in order to move them to LA?

This is the promise of this Everton team. We’ve been second in the league in open play xG against for most of this season, and today showed why. We conceded maybe two chances of consequence. Chelsea too intricate as well. Dunc’s one sub that wasn’t out of injury necessity was really smart. I didn’t like the original set up but the players clearly understood their responsibility in the 4-4-2 high block. Press hard up the field, don’t let Kante and Kovacic sit on the ball, fly all over the field and let the Gray Lady do the rest.

Back