• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Credit to Norwich, they definitely didn't play like a team at the bottom of the table.
76 out of 78 is just stupid.

Keïta dropping deeper here and on the left, Salah more central. Guess that’s the adjustment.

This was really all about getting Trent A-A much higher, according to Klopp, since Cantwell was basically man marking him, which maybe was what everyone else saw. Although I also suspect based on what he said, Henderson, who was much more involved in the buildup deeper on the right in the first half, was playing too many long balls in the wind with neither Keita nor Wijnaldum in the best positions to compete for second balls from those. Keïta much better at playing tight passes through narrow gaps between the lines in that phase.

I thought Keita attempted passes I haven’t seen from the Liverpool midfield since Coutinho left. If the ball doesn’t come from deep the front three don’t really kick into action until one of the other two has it in or around the box. I remember at least three times Keita played a pass and Bobby or Salah didn’t get anywhere near but put their head back like “I should have moved for that”. If he can stay healthy for a decent stretch and form a partnership the attack could be even better.

Narratives!

Jordan Henderson attempted and completed the most forward passes of the game.

In spite of Todd Cantwell’s despicable actions (drawing 5 fouls, his average on the season) Liverpool were called for fewer fouls against Norwich than any team since Liverpool earlier this year.

Narratives!

Jordan Henderson attempted and completed the most forward passes of the game.

In spite of Todd Cantwell’s despicable actions (drawing 5 fouls, his average on the season) Liverpool were called for fewer fouls against Norwich than any team since Liverpool earlier this year.

So your takeaway is that Jordan Henderson is good, Cantwell should get in the box more because he is good at falling over and drawing fouls and the worst team in the league couldn’t touch Liverpool? Sounds like what I watched.

Grealish just walked by Alderweireld on the wing. Should really be 2-0.

So your takeaway is that Jordan Henderson is good, Cantwell should get in the box more because he is good at falling over and drawing fouls and the worst team in the league couldn’t touch Liverpool? Sounds like what I watched.

I mistook your comments for whining about Cantwell I guess

Grealish is another guy that averages over 5 fouls won a game, but Spurs not really bothering, they’re just letting him stroll past

Speaking for myself, it just looked like Cantwell spent a lot of time on the deck in the first half. Just an observation. It was like the notable thing from Norwich in that half. If he averages that, cool, but I’m guessing he probably had fewer touches than normal and Norwich less possession? I almost posted that before timdunk because it stood out to me, as well.

I thought Henderson was great, as he has been for months, and had a nice long (forward) pass for the assist to Mane. But completed or not, Klopp mentioned he wasn’t happy with the amount of long balls first half. Those seemed to be coming mostly from Trent A-A and Henderson. He made an adjustment to get Alexander-Arnold higher, and, it looked to me, switched the orientation in the first 15 of the second from Henderson dropping deeper on the right side to initiate that, to Keita dropping a little and being more involved, rather than scrambling to support completed long passes or compete for second balls.

I think Klopp likes Henderson playing those long balls more when he has Fabinho in there to cover and calm things down, than when Henderson is at the 6.

But I’m going to watch again.

The nbcsports app is trash and always crashes for me. Just missed a goal. Never happens when I’m on the same app and watching a game on Gold. So weird.

Sorta figured he’d get the benefit of the doubt from Chupe as a new member of the short sock club

He is also more of a unit than you first think. Kinda jacked. The socks take him to the next level.

Douglas Luiz’ sock game is strong, too. Shows the locker room influence of Grealish that others want to be like him. What a leader.

Back