• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

So depending on the source actually 5 is above the average times he’s fouled, which is either 3.4 times per match or 3.6, and not as the tweet I was referencing suggested ~5.

His 60 touches were second most on his team but below average for him.

Guess I didn’t really feel like he spent a crazy amount of time on the ground but if I were Farke I might try to avoid going down 4-0 in the first half like they did in the opener, so maybe it was tactical.

Of note to nobody, Stuart Attwell is one of 14 officials who have called a match for Norwich this season, and he awards them the 11th most fouls per tackle at 0.47. Martin Atkinson awards by far the most at 0.92 (what a spread!).

Also if I were Daniel Farke I would simply start my best player, Emanuel Buendia.

It def could have been something that stood out for me without technically happening with above average frequency. Happy to concede that. He seems like an ok player so it’s all good.

Under the table pre-agreement with Liverpool, Buendia can’t play against his parent club. It’s happening!

Arsenal’s XI is interesting. Midfield three of Xhaka, Ceballos, and Ozil?

Arsenal should sell Nketiah to Everton, I don’t like this bit Arteta is doing with giving him senior time when he should let him flounder on the bench and sell him cheaply instead

That was hilarious. I look down for a sec, miss the goal, and look up to see them celebrating like that and figure it must be the greatest goal ever, but he whiffs it and hits it off his standing leg. Amazing. Nice team move leading up to it though.

RIP Harry Gregg.

During the Munich air disaster, he pulled multiple people away from the burning plane including Charlton, Viollet, a pregnant mother and her 20 month old baby.

Just a fantastic human being the sort that the world needs more of today.

random surprising stat of the day: Nathaniel Clyne is only 28 (turning 29 in April). He just resumed training again so perhaps he can spell TAA for a few games down the stretch. Both TAA and Andrew Robertson probably play too many minutes.

Think I'd rather see young Neco Williams get some run if they do that, but if they want to try to get Clyne the necessary appearances for a winners medal, that's cool. You apparently only need five now. Would be a nice send off.

I think they will definitely look for some kind of left back option this season, but I think they like N. Williams to be able to make the leap to regular back up at right back next season.

Yeah, Neco should get all of those extra starts but I’m cool with Clyne making five sub appearances.

Assuming Liverpool will win the league

COCKY BASTARDS

giphy.gif

Was shitting myself for way too long and now I've decided to lean into it.

Will only take like two losses for me to go back to shitting myself.

Villa was the turning point for me to start just breathing and trying to enjoy the soccer, then after Leicester I've been pretty breezy. Pretty alien feeling.

Will only take like two losses for me to go back to shitting myself.

Villa was the turning point for me to start just breathing and trying to enjoy the soccer, then after Leicester I've been pretty breezy. Pretty alien feeling.

Alien on this side of the ledger as well

Mino going in hard on Ole. Gotta see the comments that prompted this. Mino's no angel, but I also saw a few things recently about Solskjaer's kind of shady business partner/agent, and that did not make for good reading. I think I heard Ralf Rangnick is leaving Red Bull after this season -- Rangnick as DoF and Pochettino as manager would be a hell of a team, I think.

Back