• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Ighalo coming onto the pitch to give ERRYONE Coronavirus

Liverpool cannot be champions if everyone is dead

I was really surprised to learn that this was United’s first time doing the double over Chelsea in league play since 87/88

Won’t McGuire will get a second winter break for his actions today?

I laughed at his explanation in the postgame interview. Said he thought the guy was going to fall on him so he just his leg out to help keep him up. Would be like if Luis Suarez had complained about Chiellini shoving his shoulder into Suarez’s mouth.

The nicest guy on planet earth Heung-Min Son reportedly out for the rest of the season with an arm fracture

You hate to see it

Race for fourth/fifth about to get intense, forthwith. There are like 7/8 teams with a legit shot at Champions League. Heart says Sheff United/Wolves, because, hey, that'd be kinda neat, but head says Chelsea/Man United.

Last edited:
Won’t McGuire will get a second winter break for his actions today?

I laughed at his explanation in the postgame interview. Said he thought the guy was going to fall on him so he just his leg out to help keep him up. Would be like if Luis Suarez had complained about Chiellini shoving his shoulder into Suarez’s mouth.

Would be the PL overruling VAR as well

In other words, it ain't gonna happen

That explanation was hilarious tho.

Harry Maguire: "I saw he was about to fall on me, so I put my foot out to catch him. It was just a natural reaction"
Rational Person: "But you didn't move your arms to catch somebody that you feared was about to fall on you."
HM: "What?"
RP: "Your arms... you didn't move your arms."
HM: "Why would I have moved my arms?"
RP: "Kinda instinctual if you think someone/something is about to fall on you. Arms and hands are more reliable than legs and shoe covered feet."
HM: "Anyway, as I said, it was instinctual to catch him with my foot to keep him from falling. And he didn't fall, so I think this can only be considered a success. Apparently I caught him in his bollocks. You hate to see it. :trollface:"
RP: "Ummm, ok then."
HM: #VAR4Lyfe

The nicest guy on planet earth Heung-Min Son reportedly out for the rest of the season with an arm fracture

You hate to see it

Guy broke his arm just before halftime and played the entire 2nd half and a 94th minute goal? That's crazy.

This was the challenge. Actually his right arm that was fractured so it appears to be his fall after the challenge and not the impact of the player that did it.

I reckon Konsa should have received a season ban by now, right, Brasky? Dirty, petulant player. /s

This was the challenge. Actually his right arm that was fractured so it appears to be his fall after the challenge and not the impact of the player that did it.

I reckon Konsa should have received a season ban by now, right, Brasky? Dirty, petulant player. /s

Yeah, Konsa was first to the ball and won it cleanly. Son hurt himself being late and reckless.

Very different from Son’s tackle on Gomes, who he intentionally took out from behind as revenge for a hard, but clean challenge a few minutes earlier.

Hopefully he’s still in attendance for the reverse fixture. Because I’ll be there booing him for 90 minutes. I’ll also be on the lookout for the local racists, since Spurs has no desire to punish their own.

Yeah, Konsa was first to the ball and won it cleanly. Son hurt himself being late and reckless.

Very different from Son’s tackle on Gomes, who he intentionally took out from behind as revenge for a hard, but clean challenge a few minutes earlier.

Hopefully he’s still in attendance for the reverse fixture. Because I’ll be there booing him for 90 minutes. I’ll also be on the lookout for the local racists, since Spurs has no desire to punish their own.

TROLLLLLLLL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

when are you going over brasky? i might snag tix to everton at the bridge. not trying to fight their fans though.

when are you going over brasky? i might snag tix to everton at the bridge. not trying to fight their fans though.

Going over during our spring break, April 11-16. Going to TOT-EVE, a Fulham match and one or two other lower leagues matches around London.

TV (who was my grade at Tabor - his sister was in your class) is living in London for grad school this year. We’re gonna drink beers and go to matches all week.

My last solo trip as a non-parent, so we gotta live it up.

Back