• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Lovren, christ. Jesus. Not looking good. This second half has been shit for Liverpool. Salah needs to come back stat.

Just little to no dynamism with Liverpool. But it has looked like this plenty of times at Goodison recently and Liverpool get some weird goal. Lovren will probably end up winning this somehow with a shoulder goal or something, but Everton are due for sure.

Richy not squaring that ball to a late arriving Iwobi after he beat Lovren is going to haunt my dreams

The fuck up with TAA's delivery today. There was like one good one and he's been all over the place.

Man, some good chances. I’ll take a point though.

A derby win there for the taking and of course we can't finish it

That being said, probably the fair result.

Yeah, I'll take a point after that second half, I was on a family zoom so was distracted, but I was not feeling great about it.

I know it sounds weird complaining, but Liverpool def need another threat in behind other than Mane and Salah. Especially with Robertson also gone, it was just a little too easy for Everton to stay compact without that extra threat deep and wide to soften it up.

Anyway, looking forward to Gomez back in the middle, though Matip did ok, and Robertson and Salah back.

Understandable that it was a little choppy today. Everton was up for it and good for the draw for sure.

Last edited:
The Alisson save looks better and better each time, and that was a nice little effort from Calvert-Lewin.

Actually Coleman has played pretty well except for that one time that Mane beat him inside and Keane got a yellow for fouling him.

Seemed like the early game plan was to test Coleman often. From the start while everyone was kneeling, Mané was already showing the thought. Coleman played really well. I Naby Lad and Hendo played well, but we continually bypassed the central Mids for some unknown reason. Hell of a game from AB.

I know it sounds weird complaining, but Liverpool def need another threat in behind other than Mane and Salah. Especially with Robertson also gone, it was just a little too easy for Everton to stay compact without that extra threat deep and wide to soften it up.

Yeah probably just missing a fourth world class forward

Mike Dean made up for an earlier missed yellow by Fabinho and gives one to Milner. I can live with that.

Also Iwobi is just as unimpressive as I remember. I do not see it. Sorry stats nerds.

Iwobi ended up having a pretty solid match. He tracking back helped out Coleman a lot. I still don’t see the offensive genius others claim is there but he did a job today.

Yeah probably just missing a fourth world class forward

Yeah, I know it sounds silly. But it's more about profile for me than current quality. I'd obviously have taken Werner as someone able to slot right in, but yesterday with Salah out, I would have preferred any kind of pace. So someone like Adama, even though he doesn't have the pure g+a.

Small margins at this point, and I think with the squad makeup it makes sense to me to only replace Mane/Salah with someone who can offer a somewhat similar physical threat, rather than a between the lines guy like Minamino, even if you lose numbers.

And I'd love a bench with fewer than two keepers and one defender under the age of 35 on it.

Back