• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Heard stories that a plane with a White Lives Matter banner flew overhead so I hope City put 10 past them.

Dyche could def be a UKIP type, but I could also see him as old-school working class Labour. Tough call.

Correction, the banner said White Lives Matter Burnley. My bad

Oof, that's a tough penalty call. I want to see another angle, because he could have gotten a slight touch on the ball. Weird one to overturn, imo, but that Saudi money talks, as we all know.

Just the effort that takes, to make a banner, to fly it over the stadium with the goal to have it amplified -- it's just incredible ignorance and hate, I just don't get it. I don't get feeling that way to begin with, but can almost understand the workings of the brain that makes one feel that way, but to go to those lengths to display it in that manner at this time is just some totally backwards shit.

Oof, that's a tough penalty call. I want to see another angle, because he could have gotten a slight touch on the ball. Weird one to overturn, imo, but that Saudi money talks, as we all know.

Absolutely disgusting.

The Burnley fans I was chatting with thought it was Blackburn fans doing this (think Duke-UNC rivalry).... Back in 1989, Burnley were on the brink of relegation to the 4th division and Blackburn fans paid for a plane to fly over Burnley's stadium boasting about their failure/dropping out of the league....

I could see something that blatant and stupid being that kind of gross trolling, I guess, or something also just blatant and stupid. I'm sure there are racist fans at every club, but I don't think it's a reflection on the club or a majority of their fans or anything unless it is some regularly coordinated stuff over a long period of time.

Man, when City get rolling...

There were five guys ready to put that in. I think I'm going to switch to Serie A.

I could see something that blatant and stupid being that kind of gross trolling, I guess, or something also just blatant and stupid. I'm sure there are racist fans at every club, but I don't think it's a reflection on the club or a majority of their fans or anything unless it is some regularly coordinated stuff over a long period of time.

*cough*Millwall*cough*

Dyche could def be a UKIP type, but I could also see him as old-school working class Labour. Tough call.

sadly think he's a tory

his da was a management consultant for the british steel company working all over the empire

i listened to a podcast with him once and he struck me as a thoughtful guy though

They are showing Marco Di Vaio highlights at halftime on the Serie A game and I saw Marco Di Vaio playing for Salernitana in '99 against Venezia. Nice. Fond memory.

I just had not thought of Marco Di Vaio in a long, long time. It was a nice little reminiscence.

Burnleys statement was damn good in reply to the awful banner

Burnley Football Club strongly condemns the actions of those responsible for the aircraft and offensive banner that flew over The Etihad Stadium on Monday evening.
We wish to make it clear that those responsible are not welcome at Turf Moor.
This, in no way, represents what Burnley Football Club stands for and we will work fully with the authorities to identify those responsible and issue lifetime bans.

The club has a proud record of working with all genders, religions and faiths through its award-winning Community scheme, and stands against racism of any kind.
We are fully behind the Premier League’s Black Lives Matter initiative and, in line with all other Premier League games undertaken since Project Restart, our players and football staff willingly took the knee at kick-off at Manchester City.
We apologise unreservedly to the Premier League, to Manchester City and to all those helping to promote Black Lives Matter.

Back