• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

ah yes if i were doherty i would have simply taken the cleat to the face

kind of funny to watch wijnaldum completely refuse to use fabinho as an outlet

van dijk simply not strong enough against big unit reece nelson

kinda crazy that Liverpool is having a record setting year and they're not even the best team in the PL

Liverpool have had enough of this season.

I don't blame them. There's nothing really to play for since they've already gotten the crown and it's going to be a short summer before the Premier League starts back up. Knowing that your chief competition is all playing for something still (City for FA Cup and Champions League, Chelsea and ManU for FA Cup and Top 4, Leicester for Top 4, Arsenal for FA Cup, Spurs, Wolves, etc. for Europe) I'd rest my guys and get them a couple more weeks of rest that everyone else won't have the luxury of having.

won't get to 100 points
will only win 1 trophy

guess any type of argument for 2019/20 Liverpool being the "best PL side EVARRR" is gone tho

byeeeeeeeeee

Was a little predisposed yesterday, but it sounds like the FA did Wolves dirty in order to protect their cash cows and Liverpool are just another bang average PL champion squad that will be forgotten about in a few years.

Was a little predisposed yesterday, but it sounds like the FA did Wolves dirty in order to protect their cash cows and Liverpool are just another bang average PL champion squad that will be forgotten about in a few years.
It's almost like there was a major event in the middle of the season to cause the games to not matter quite as much and the players to be a little less focused.

BTW congrats Brasky on the newborn and future Red.

I mean, this Liverpool side is easily in the top 1/3 of all Premier League championship sides. Mebbe even top quartile.

This will be a fun exercise, actually...

1) Man United 98/99 -- Treble winners. Enough said.
2) Man City 17/18 -- Record points in a season + League Cup
3) Arsenal 03/04 -- "Invincibles"
4) Chelsea 04/05 -- Dominance in the league (15 clean sheets!) + League Cup
5) Man City 18/19 -- held off the best 2nd place team ever, won 14 in a row

This will be a fun exercise, actually...

1) Man United 98/99 -- Treble winners. Enough said.
2) Man City 17/18 -- Record points in a season + League Cup
3) Arsenal 03/04 -- "Invincibles"
4) Chelsea 04/05 -- Dominance in the league (15 clean sheets!) + League Cup
5) Man City 18/19 -- held off the best 2nd place team ever, won 14 in a row

I honestly can't find much fault in this list.

Leeds magic number is 1 point to be promoted. 2 games left.

Back