• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Just tuned in and Atlético are up 3-0 on Real 22 minutes in. The fuck? It’s preseason but wha?

Diego Costa looks in shape. Like he’s been exercising and working out and not partying.

Also Luka Jovic May have fucked his leg. Bad collision with Oblak.

And a penalty for 5! Diego Costa is fucking cut, wearing his socks low, and it could have been two or three more just in the time I’ve been watching. This is pretty wild.

Single greatest performance in soccer history right here, Diego Costa preseason against Real. I will remember this the rest of my life.

I know it’s preseason but Madrid started at least 8 day 1 starters and were down 4-0 before taking anyone off

This is next level. Diego Costa you legend. That royalist scum Carvajal doesn’t want any part of that.

Carvajal is a total Francoist, he even spent a year in Germany, the fash.

That’s a lot of money for someone dv7 is unsure about

In seriousness woof that’s a lot for that player

Yeah, he's good, the only reason for the hesitation from other teams I'd guess is that it's 80 mil, and his numbers were inflated by penalties. Agent was apparently asking for a ton, too, but that hasn't stopped many teams in the past. I don't know, I think anyone is right to be unsure about dropping 80 mil on a dude, but I also think Pepe is good. So, yeah.

Bournemouth are apparently signing Philip Billing, who was my favorite player on Huddersfield, and one of the few who might have an extra level. I think that's decent from them -- be interested to see how he and Kelly fit in, as well as the other outside back they bought, Mepham. Nothing super exciting, though, and probably still not enough to challenge Wolves, West Ham, Everton, and Leicester for top 10.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49138813

Maybe he's trying to manufacture a mental angle? Or he knows press and fans crank it over this shit (I def do) and has no patience for it. I have no idea. "Look guys, everyone is saying that we needed to buy someone, but I say fuck that, my team is here, go out there and destroy your body for me for one more year while trying to overcome the most expensively assembled team on the planet who has the best manager in the world, who we were pretty fortunate to be within touching distance of last year, who have reinforced again."

I'm going to complain about it until the season starts, then try to have fun, then complain about it again when he is throwing Gini Wijnaldum and AOC out as wide attackers against Burnley because everyone's legs are gone two months in.

If someone's going to pull it off, it's Klopp, though.

Yeah right. As if AOC will still be healthy I’m two months...

Hm, I think I was thinking about Mepham as the other outside back and he's a central defender, so what do I know. Anyway, Bournemouth -- probably will be boring.

Back