• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Because the FA is ridiculously arrogant and won't be told how to run its competition. If you want to argue the FA and its referees are corrupt, be my guest, still hilarious that you are using decisions in favor of Arsenal as your last straw, there is no less likely club to be the FA's darlings and beneficiaries of corruption than Arsenal.

Brasky has argued that a decision that went against Everton against like Bournemouth or something was evidence that the FA is in the pocket of big money clubs.

Ignore his insane rants. They have no basis in reality and even he isn't sure what he is trying to say is a conspiracy. The man just looks at 1 bad decision in any given match and continues his "narrative".

It's kind of sad.

I am more on the side of VAR and FA referees are bad than the whole thing STINKS. CORRUPT!

There is plenty of corruption in world football. The City decision re: champions league is a funny one. Where the World Cups go, etc.

There is plenty of corruption in world football. The City decision re: champions league is a funny one. Where the World Cups go, etc.

This is why we need FIFA President Arsene Wenger to bring back the game we all fell in love with

First order of business.... Zippers.

Arsene-Wenger-Struggling-with-His-Coat-Zipper.gif

Arsenal.

End of joke.

How many trophies did United win this year? Literally the worst season in nearly 3 decades for Arsenal and we still went home with silverware. But at least Mason Greenwood is going to be a top 5 player in the world soon.

trophies are boring

did anyone else's team end the covid break with more injuries than they started with? just everton? cool.

How many trophies did United win this year? Literally the worst season in nearly 3 decades for Arsenal and we still went home with silverware. But at least Mason Greenwood is going to be a top 5 player in the world soon.

Still involved for a European trophy, actually, so cannot answer that question yet.

Also, do you guys remember when Harry Redknapp took Portsmouth to 8th place in the Premier League and the FA Cup trophy?
That's what Arsenal just accomplished and they are still pseudo-beating their chests about it. It's fucking adorable, ain't it?

So many campfires popping up saying that Sancho to United is pretty much done and sealed.

Boner Jamz.

Still involved for a European trophy, actually, so cannot answer that question yet.

Also, do you guys remember when Harry Redknapp took Portsmouth to 8th place in the Premier League and the FA Cup trophy?
That's what Arsenal just accomplished and they are still pseudo-beating their chests about it. It's fucking adorable, ain't it?

What's funnier than anything is that Chelsea fans are so much less upset about Arsenal winning the FA Cup than United fans are and they were the ones who actually lost the final. We are celebrating a trophy, we aren't beating our chests like we are now the greatest team in England. United fans would have jumped for joy and marked an FA Cup win as the dawn of their new era of young players had they won, but you all lost in the semifinals (in embarrassing fashion). I won't apologize for being happy about winning a trophy, any trophy. We were dire for basically the entire year and had one last chance to salvage something and we did so. That should be enough to make anyone happy. But I suppose in the absence of anything to truly be happy about in your season, mocking others for success is all you have left.

We all hate Leeds scum.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/most-supporters-hate-leeds-united-11850214

Leeds fucking sucks as a whole and their supporters are worse.

Here's one for the 1 (2?) Leeds supporters on here.

9eb6bdcda0bb479c1e95e7504af34fcc--soccer-players-manchester-united.jpg

This coming year is going to go well. Play up the shit from before we were born, and then other shit from 40 years ago. Leeds has a former Deacon playing for them. You should like them, but you don't. Fine. I'm not going into the gutter with you. Have a great day.

What's funnier than anything is that Chelsea fans are so much less upset about Arsenal winning the FA Cup than United fans are and they were the ones who actually lost the final. We are celebrating a trophy, we aren't beating our chests like we are now the greatest team in England. United fans would have jumped for joy and marked an FA Cup win as the dawn of their new era of young players had they won, but you all lost in the semifinals (in embarrassing fashion). I won't apologize for being happy about winning a trophy, any trophy. We were dire for basically the entire year and had one last chance to salvage something and we did so. That should be enough to make anyone happy. But I suppose in the absence of anything to truly be happy about in your season, mocking others for success is all you have left.

LOL

Deflection is a stinky cologne, John.

This coming year is going to go well. Play up the shit from before we were born, and then other shit from 40 years ago. Leeds has a former Deacon playing for them. You should like them, but you don't. Fine. I'm not going into the gutter with you. Have a great day.

Why "should" I like Leeds? Because a guy that played one season at the college I went to happens to play for them?

Gonna need to come up with a better reason than that, I'm afraid.

buying new players to freshen up the squad and provide valuable depth is overrated. in 2020 we are coming for you net spend title

Hell, I'd say ManU is the favorite to win Europa (though I'd like to see Wolves win it just so they qualify for Champions League and bump Spurs out of Europe next season).

And hey...Pompey made it out of League 2 and is now playing in the Hallowed Tier of League 1 and came oh-so-close to getting back to the Championship! That's definitely chest-beating-worthy.

LOL

Deflection is a stinky cologne, John.

Lol I'm not deflecting anything, it's you who seems to be hellbent on discrediting Arsenal's FA Cup victory with strawman arguments and beating dead horse jokes. You can try to joke all you want but we won a trophy and it feels fucking good.

Back