• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Why the f would we want lingard? Winger and attacking midfield are strengths for us right now.

Or cash for that matter? I won't underestimate the greed of these owners, but would be a horrible decision

City laid down a marker today for sure. Not often 5-0 flatters the losing team but it did so today to the home side in the Midlands. Man City easily could have made that a touchdown or more. Yeesh. (sorry, just watched the match and whoa... City are in top form for sure)

Last edited:
hahahaha, I did get a kick out of this quote by Pep doe:

The last thing I’m thinking about is the league table. Now I want to get home safely, have a few days off, then Sheffield United. What’s important is to be calm, like when we were 12th.

Soooo... you are thinking about the table, Pep? You just mentioned your club's position within it from a couple months ago.

Everton-Leicester today is a low key big match today. If we beat them we will move up to 4th on 35 points, with two games in hand on most other teams due to the Villa and Man City COVID PPDs. Leicester, who are in third, currently sit on 38 pts with two more matches played. I think Man City will win the league and ManU will come in 2nd, but after that I think it is wide open with the current top 10 (including non-Sky darlings AV, LEI, WH and EVE) all in contention for Europe. This honestly may be the most exciting and open PL season of all time.

In our FA Cup match Sunday against an admittedly not-great Sheffield Wednesday side James looked to be 100% and back to early season form. He was skipping around the park and created EIGHT key chances in 80 mins. We will need that same form today if we have a chance of getting the victory, although we did sit deep and beat them in Leicester earlier this season. Digne and Iwobi also expected back, along with DCL who returned on Sunday. We will still greatly miss Allan but this will be as close to healthy as we've been since September.

Last edited:
Agree with all that, Brasky, especially the encouraging James form return. Though, as you note Sheffield Wednesday is a huge mess (nearing administration it would seem), and they came out a bit naive, with their caretaker manager pressing high and leaving his side wide open a few times. James is an important player for the club too, like Richarlison or Calvert Lewin, somebody we really don’t have a replacement for. Someone who can be creative, direct, play the ball quickly to feet or to space.

Leicester are similar to us in that their form consistently yo-yos. On their day they’re really tough, but Vardy will be out, and for whatever reason Rodgers seems to favor Perez over Ihenacho. They’ve got Soyuncu and Peireira healthy now though. Should be fun! Guessing we try to sit and and get a point though.

It is shaping up to be an amazing PL season. No doubt about that -- so many place truly up for grabs among multiple clubs.

It is shaping up to be an amazing PL season. No doubt about that -- so many place truly up for grabs among multiple clubs.

It's not what I was expecting a couple of months ago but you're exactly right. The top of the table is changing every other day.

Very interested to see how we use Ødegaard. Willian, Pepe, and Auba have been in collectively crappy form all season. Maybe he is the spark the team needs to compliment Saka and Smith-Rowe's excellent play. I'm also very impressed with Cedric's play as of late. Have to give Arteta credit for getting him back into form.

Willian is done. I understood the gamble at the time but it is time to cut bait.

Agree with all that, Brasky, especially the encouraging James form return. Though, as you note Sheffield Wednesday is a huge mess (nearing administration it would seem), and they came out a bit naive, with their caretaker manager pressing high and leaving his side wide open a few times. James is an important player for the club too, like Richarlison or Calvert Lewin, somebody we really don’t have a replacement for. Someone who can be creative, direct, play the ball quickly to feet or to space.

Leicester are similar to us in that their form consistently yo-yos. On their day they’re really tough, but Vardy will be out, and for whatever reason Rodgers seems to favor Perez over Ihenacho. They’ve got Soyuncu and Peireira healthy now though. Should be fun! Guessing we try to sit and and get a point though.

EswuZqVXMAY7169

Big fan of the starting XI, minus Pickford. I prefer Olsen at this point, far more steady.

oh wtf

down to Sheffield United at home on a simple corner inside the 6 yard box. DDG just completely punked there - very suspect GKing

not so sure that Maguire fouled their GK to force that drop that Martial put into the net. Whistle blew for a foul before the ball was over the line tho. Just a very soft foul call.

So Sharp's little nudge on DDG that allowed Sheff United's goal was all well and good but Maguire's same nudge on Ramsdale was a foul so Martial's goal doesn't count.

Cool cool. Tight tight.

----------
eta: The "SKY SIX CONSPIRACY" deepens. :jfk:

Last edited:
GOAL! Maguire from a deliciously whipped in corner from Alex Telles. 1-1.

Maguire really should score more from corners as he is very good at moving off the ball to get in some free headers.

Back