• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

that looked like these Man United defenders have never played together before. Just at 6s and 7s and deservedly go behind again. Ughhh awful

Sheffield United have only scored more than 1 goal twice this PL season. Against Man United both times. Facepalm

shambolic. inexcusable to lose at home to a team that was on 5 fucking points halfway through the damn season. just horrid.

United were brilliant today and top of the table man u simply shambles. With the talent they have can only be OGS to blame, surely!

Tim Howard said at halftime that man u would come back to win because they needed a "statement game". Says everything, doesn't it?

I'm not sure how this wasn't considered a foul. What's the point of VAR?
a851961c241caf6dd1d49bc0114c5d80.jpg

Eta:
Rio Ferdinand: “Both hands on the back of De Gea I think it’s a foul.”

Crouch: “ At first I thought Rio was being biased but Billy Sharp has no eyes on the ball whatsoever - he wanted to disturb de Gea and he’s done that, it’s a foul.” #MUFC [BT]

Last edited:
Figured we’d settle for a point but pretty cowardly showing in the second half from the manager and the players. We created next to nothing all game apart from a single spot of brilliance from James.

Also it’s time to get rid of Pickford for good this summer. He’s simply atrocious at shot stopping. Doesn’t command the box, doesn’t move his feet, what does he do well? England must drop him too.

Also it’s time to get rid of Pickford for good this summer. He’s simply atrocious at shot stopping. Doesn’t command the box, doesn’t move his feet, what does he do well? England must drop him too.
Pope is England's best GK and it's not really close with Hendo being 2nd choice at United right now

Olsen has got to take over. Buy him for the $5-10M that Roma want and move Pickford for whatever you can this summer. His once famous distribution is absolute shit now too.

Surely we can do better than Olsen too. Steffen was $7mm, just go find anyone with decent shot stopping and give them the gloves.

Figured we’d settle for a point but pretty cowardly showing in the second half from the manager and the players. We created next to nothing all game apart from a single spot of brilliance from James.

Really miss Allan and Doucoure. Zero defensive presence in the CM with Gomes and Davies out there. Neither can play in a two.

The four CB backline is also to blame, because we can’t play our way out a hint of pressure. Carlo needs to drop one and move Digne back to LB. Either that or commit to a 3/5 and play Digne and Iwobi at wing backs.

Olsen
3 CBs (rotate each match)
Iwobi-Doucoure-Allan-Digne
James-DCL-Richy

That lineup fucks. Although Richy needs to wake up. He’s in a 3-4 month slump, even his first touch is shit right now.

Pope is England's best GK and it's not really close with Hendo being 2nd choice at United right now

Pickford makes the flashy save and that's about it. Pope is top notch at stopping shots and commands the box well. His distribution is average which is probably why he is not #1. I have no idea why teams think their keepers should act like Messi and play out of the back.

Haha it’s not like Pickford is good with his feet either.

I can’t think of a worse matchup for Liverpool right now than Totty. Can’t break down the bus and bad defending on the counter. Uh oh.

That being said, I can’t think of a good matchup for Liverpool right now sooooo bring it on!

Not sure why Alex McCarthy never gets any attention. He's right there with those two imo.

Pope is just behind Areola in the division for PSxG+-/90, a measure of shot stopping indexed against expected goals per 90, 2nd in that measure.

2nd in launch%, which is pass % completed beyond 40 yards, 2nd to Ramsdale. That’s from open play passing, also second from goal kicks launches.

2nd to Areola in crosses gathered.

1st in sweeper actions (outside penalty area clearances) per 90.

1st in save%, 2nd in saves.

He’s so far head and shoulders the best defensive keeper in the league.

Back