• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Getting Bellerin, Holding, and Tierney fit will help. Chambers looks improved. Luiz has been with the club less than a month. Definitely a work in progress.

I think Tierney is the only one that stands to actually improve Arsenal's defense from this group. That and Luiz getting used to the team.

Only caught the Everton second half, but lots of reasons to be optimistic. Keane is young sure, but so strong and looks good upfront. Hopefully he replaces DCL as the starter soon

We start this season with a really cupcake schedule. Real reason for optimism so far is from the defense, still haven't given up any goals and haven't really given up many good chances.

I thought Gbamin was much improved this weekend but still has a long way to go. He and Gomes will be worked over by better midfields. Delph should be a help in that way, settling down the team when we lose the ball upfield. We still need to find ways to link the midfield and attack.

Add Palace to the potential relegation list. I've now watched a majority of their first two games and I have no idea how they're going to score 30 goals this season. Zaha and Townsend are 1 in 5 players, and the rest of the team wouldn't look out of place in a top tier Championship team. They're in trouble.

Losing AWB was a big deal. And they really did not improve the club in any way over the summer. Benteke is done. Milivojevic is probably the only other prem level player other teams would be interested in if they went down.

I think Tierney is the only one that stands to actually improve Arsenal's defense from this group. That and Luiz getting used to the team.

I think you're underestimating Holding a little bit. Really, anything that keeps Mustafi off the field is an upgrade.

Losing AWB was a big deal. And they really did not improve the club in any way over the summer. Benteke is done. Milivojevic is probably the only other prem level player other teams would be interested in if they went down.
The center of Palaces midfield is so crap, Mili aside, of course

The two Macs are worse than average

The center of Palaces midfield is so crap, Mili aside, of course

The two Macs are worse than average

Completely agree. There is zero creativity at central mid. What the hell good are Zaha and Benteke if you can't provide them any useful service?

The Sanchez to Inter on loan rumors have me torn

On the one hand... not having him in the side means that:
- I can forget about that horrible transfer
- Some of his wages come off the books
- I don't have to watch him bumble his way through a match like a U13 bit part player anymore
- There is a buy option at the end of the reported deal

HOWEVA, on the other side of that deal, I don't like it because:
- United would still be paying a player to suck, just suck elsewhere
- If he recaptures form somehow, Inter would get him cheaply
- If injuries strike MR and/or AM then Sanchez might actually prove useful in a match (lol)
- Loss of experience up top in the squad

I have no way of knowing this, but if Sanchez is being a dick in training and sessions, then let him go. Whatever. But if Sanchez is being a solid professional, which I would think he would be given the little we all know about him, then only sell for a proper price or allow to go out on loan if they take up all his wages and a forced purchase next summer.

Unless Ole plans to play him regularly, which seems unlikely, I would loan him out. Sanchez isn't going to find his form as a sub off the bench who gets the occasional start.

Unless Ole plans to play him regularly, which seems unlikely, I would loan him out. Sanchez isn't going to find his form as a sub off the bench who gets the occasional start.

It is more of the insurance policy of keeping him around in case Rashford or Martial suffer horrific injuries

You know about insurance policies as you've got your true club Fulham in case Liverpool collapse in a couple years.

Ole with an apparent 4231 AWAY at Wolves. Wow, going for it.

James in for Andreas -- otherwise, same XI as last weekend.

It is more of the insurance policy of keeping him around in case Rashford or Martial suffer horrific injuries

You know about insurance policies as you've got your true club Fulham in case Liverpool collapse in a couple years.

Fulham as insurance for Liverpool? That would be some seriously cheap insurance.

Fulham as insurance for Liverpool? That would be some seriously cheap insurance.

ChADMPQWIAAsogR.jpg

y'all

I'm starting to fall in love with McTominay

I just need him to write me a letter and this would be some Trump/KJu type love

oh fucking stop diving, Daniel. With your pace (and cuteness with dags) that is entirely unnecessary!

Back