• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

the market is truly infuckingsane if this is remotely true

Leicester are set to replace Maguire with Brighton's England defender Lewis Dunk, having agreed a £45m deal for the 27-year-old. (Sun)

Liverpool squad to head to America. No Copa America or AFCON participants. Keita and Shaqiri still hurt.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/356377-confirmed-liverpool-squad-united-states-tour

There is a little bit of a goalkeeping crisis, but it looks like Mignolet is staying. Ojrzynski is a highly rated Polish 16 year old keeper who they signed recently, Atherton is a keeper who played in goal at the end of the Bradford match, but played outfield in the Tranmere match after Glatzel got injured. Jaros, a highly rated Czech keeper was hurt in that match or in training after, and Grabara, another young Polish keeper who was on loan to AGF in Denmark at the end of last year, is hurt as well or about to go on loan, I'm not totally sure (Edit - Grabara isn't due back yet because he was with the Polish Euro U-21 team). Caomhin Kelleher is another young keeper, but he is hurt, too, recovering from wrist surgery. They are bringing over former Preston and Boro keeper, Andy Lonergan, who is a free agent, just for training, I guess, so he isn't listed. Kind of a weird situation.

Last edited:
Also, there has been a decent amount of Coutinho back to Liverpool chatter this weekend. Maybe partially on loan/maybe a waiving of fee yet to be paid/maybe a combo of those. I'd have him back of course, it's better than signing no one and he was probably a top 5 player in the league before he was sold. BUT, I'd still rather have Ousmane, if I'm picking.

Sebastien Haller to West Ham, who I like even more than Joelinton. He was very good last year with Eintracht -- played great with Jovic and Rebic. I think a pretty decent signing.

Dang, very good signing for West Ham. Good recent history of signing quality players: Payet, Lanzini, Felipe Anderson, now Haller. Some really good young talent in Declan Rice. Wonder if they take the next step towards top 8 in a coming year. Think their older half and their injured half tend to bring them down each year.

Ravel Morrison to Sheff Utd.
Dani Ceballos to Arsenal now?
Kieran Trippier to Atletico?

Ravel Morrison to Sheff Utd.
Dani Ceballos to Arsenal now?
Kieran Trippier to Atletico?

I read yesterdaysome rumor about Trippier to Bayern

Trippier to Atletico rumor is from Alasdair Gold, who isn't the worst Spurs source. ETA just saw that Dan Kilpatrick is in agreement so that's really solid sourcing. TTFN, Trips. A little concerning about our RB situation, though. Fans are clamoring to see Sissoko and Foyth over there.

Ceballos to Arsenal would be annoying but if it is indeed a one-year loan with no purchase clause then I can see why that wouldn't fly with Spurs these days. But he'll help them out for sure. Hope we get Lo Celso on a permanent and forget about it.

Last edited:
Interesting. Telegraph is reporting that Danny Rose will stay home during Spurs' preseason tour and could be sold before the window shuts. He's 29 so moving him on would fit with the program but still, he's been at the club 12 years and I'd be sad to see him go. Also, we'd have a real FB problem on our hands.

Well I can rest easy now. #sauces say that OGS has assured Fred that he is part of the first team plans and that he has big aspirations for him.

From a City pal of mine on McGuire:

Apparently Utd have offered 75m + Phil Jones but Leicester are holding out for the 75m

Interesting. Telegraph is reporting that Danny Rose will stay home during Spurs' preseason tour and could be sold before the window shuts. He's 29 so moving him on would fit with the program but still, he's been at the club 12 years and I'd be sad to see him go. Also, we'd have a real FB problem on our hands.

Sessegnon twins incoming?

From a City pal of mine on McGuire:

Apparently Utd have offered 75m + Phil Jones but Leicester are holding out for the 75m

HAR HAR

------------------

Mason Greenwood and Rashford looked excellent this morning against shitty ass Leeds. Both got on the scoresheet in the first half.

Ended up 4-0.

Angel Gomes also impressed.

Inter and United "close" to agreeing terms

United get paid back what they spend on Big Rom but over multiple years instead of all up front. That seems fair to me and a win for all parties.

Conte and Inter get the player the want
Lukaku gets to be first choice at a club
United get some cash to throw at Harry Maguire because that is where it should clearly go

HAR HAR

------------------

Mason Greenwood and Rashford looked excellent this morning against shitty ass Leeds. Both got on the scoresheet in the first half.

Ended up 4-0.

Angel Gomes also impressed.

*against Jack Harrison and a merry band of shitty ass misfits that make up the rest of Leeds

Get it together.

Back