• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Certainly possible, but I also called this exact top four back in January, and still feel good about it. Still think it goes Pool, City, Leicester, Chelsea. Plenty of matches to play but feels like that's how it will end up to me.
Probably get the lowest odds for that order, so i don't blame you for not moving.

Leicester's form had been dipping considerably before the break and from reports (didnt watch it myself) they weren't all that great out of the break either.

I'd be willing to bet Leicester finish 5th or lower if given odds tho -- like 10:1 or so. No idea if professionalmarkets are even offering that bet. No idea if anybody on here is interested in backing them, however.

Hey, Sheffield, I don't think the long corner over everyone straight out of bounds isn't working. Maybe try a different strategy.

Meh, good whining.

Yep. I am frustrated that football is moving toward giving pens and calling back open play goals (at least in my imagination). Open play goals should be promoted but instead they look for any reason to take them away. Son's retracted goal yesterday is a perfect example. By the letter of the rule and implementation of VAR, he was offside. However, he gained no advantage from the random difference in body position and made a full "soccer move", to borrow a stupid term from American football, before shooting. We should want more of that, not less. I've said it a million times but, IMHO, give the attacker the benefit of the doubt on offside calls - if they aren't visually breaking the line in real time then it should be fine - and defenders the advantage in the box with respect to defending their goal without being overly terrified of penalties. There's absolutely no need to estimate with mice and pixels where one player's toe begins and another player's armpit or butt ends.

Last edited:
the son one yesterday wasn't that close, i thought he looked off

there have been way more egregious examples this year than that

Depends on what you think constitutes an advantage, I guess. The way VAR drew it, it was big toe vs. butt. Regardless, I agree he was off but, if calling offside were to be reformed, I'd much prefer the FA had gone the opposite direction. Son's just represented the most recent annoying implementation of that process. If the linesman isn't sure a player offside and opts not to whistle it dead, I'm probably fine with open play deciding who scores.

Not a shock with this, probably the first choice XI if you forced Klopp to answer, and hard to argue with it. Salah and Robertson back. Good to see Curtis Jones on the bench.

Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum; Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Lovren, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Origi, Jones, Elliott, Williams.

Last edited:
Adama with another assist in the Wolves match, according to the commentary. Bournemouth in serious trouble, but no one down there seems to be in a good way.

Lloyd Kelly sighting in Wolves/Bournemouth. Interested to see more of him. Liverpool were interested last summer, I think, but partly due to what Bristol City were able to get for him from Bournemouth, and partly due to him seeing more opportunity there, that's where he ended up -- that was the story anyway. But he's been hurt all year so it's his first appearance.

Don't look now but the Ev are only three point outside of 8th, and with Sheffield collapsing I'm feeling weirdly optimistic

In other news I decided to dive back into the sports gambling world, and I bet Man U, Wolves and Liverpool in a three team ML parlay. 2 for 2 so far. If Liverpool fuck me, Chupe you will be dead to me.

Should have had a couple more, but three points is good. Two clean sheets in Project Restart.

Mason Holgate is definitely looking like a long term anchor of this defense. He's been the most consistent player for a while now back there. Calvert Lewin is also such a menace.

I liked seeing Siggy as a 6 in the second half. I remember floating the idea a while back and dv7 yelling at me. He's so slow and immobile but it helps us keep our shape, and he does well sitting deeper.

Don't look now but the Ev are only three point outside of 8th, and with Sheffield collapsing I'm feeling weirdly optimistic

In other news I decided to dive back into the sports gambling world, and I bet Man U, Wolves and Liverpool in a three team ML parlay. 2 for 2 so far. If Liverpool fuck me, Chupe you will be dead to me.

Could be a rough one, man, Palace has been a bit of a problem over the last bit and have won 4 straight with 4 clean sheets.

But Robertson is back and just left one in on a national team colleague in the first minute, so maybe the bite is back.

Actually, I think it was McCarthy rather than McArthur that Robertson landed on, which would make more sense.

Back