• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Holy shit, this Chelsea-Leeds game is all action.

I think it was Philips with the assist, not Harrison.

Love Giroud getting run with this team. Very different presence up top.

If they don’t call penalties just because the player tries to stay on their feet, what’s the incentive?

If they don’t call penalties just because the player tries to stay on their feet, what’s the incentive?

Its a good point. I can't remember the last penalty I saw where a player didn't fall. That almost certainly gets called if he throws himself down.

Ole the super genius sitting Bruno for a half too

I know! Totally agreed.

Saved his legs a little bit for RBL mid-week AND still got the 3 points away from home for the 5th time running to start the league campaign. Tactical masterstroke!

#20LEgend!

Chelsea look excellent right now. Crowded table so far this season. Fun stuff.

Its a good point. I can't remember the last penalty I saw where a player didn't fall. That almost certainly gets called if he throws himself down.

See: Sterling, Raheem this morning. Yes he got kicked but he flung himself down once he felt the contact. If he plays through it and misses the shot... then the chance for a goal goes begging.

It's little wonder players make the most of fouls, especially in the box.

See: Sterling, Raheem this morning. Yes he got kicked but he flung himself down once he felt the contact. If he plays through it and misses the shot... then the chance for a goal goes begging.

It's little wonder players make the most of fouls, especially in the box.

right -- it's a flaw in officiating

similar to charges in basketball, with much higher stakes

Last edited:
The Blades now have three attacking players all named Oliver. Next level confusion.

Back