• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Also I said sometimes dirty

Hasn’t really done enough yet to earn the dirty player moniker

I don’t think McTomminay is dirty, I just think he’s a big, physical guy who has no problem getting stuck in. That’s kind of what you need in a DM. He’s made some bad tackles for sure, but I don’t think I recall any I would call dirty. Overzealous maybe, and I think he could work on his tackling technique, but when you are as big as he is any tackle can often look clumsy and nasty.

Fred is also not afraid to get stuck in, but he’s about half the size of Scotty so his tackles don’t always look as physical.

Lol nice screen cap

_yVnp84JKD7Gjnh_EwUg72nZgYtdIPb0k24Vyu_J6g1Y1WL7InOspKQeEOfH9inxGTojk5dAexBsh7Fp_OQq_t2jfgACp7u2gHzyjY51vI6ND3MmqP4GRu-tPzgnS703i38qWS6S1I0G

Sure, that’s not great.

And your monthly (weekly?) reminder...

Since Bruno Fernandes joined Manchester United they have won the most points in the Premier League.

When his foot came down it was under Longstaffs foot. He didn't rake his calf like that photo tries to suggest.

I just watched the match highlights again.

You're wrong. Again.

Ha yes saved only by the fact that it was such a terribly timed tackle. Still insanely reckless to lunge with the studs up at knee level as he did. He also professionally fouled Almiron later in the match and wasn’t given a second yellow. Dunno if that was in the match highlights. He flies into tackles sometimes, dunno how that’s in dispute.

Last edited:
Ha yes saved only by the fact that it was such a terribly timed tackle. Still insanely reckless to lunge with the studs up at knee level as he did. He also professionally fouled Almiron later in the match and wasn’t given a second yellow. Dunno if that was in the match highlights. He flies into tackles sometimes, dunno how that’s in dispute.
The reason behind your opinion on McHottinay is becoming clear. You saw that match vs Newcastle and the 2nd game you've ever seen him play was today.

9 yellows. 0 reds. 95 matches. 1.2 fouls/game. Thats how your ludicrous assertion is in dispute.

Maybe I should make a stats bomb radar for yellow cards, sending offs, and fouls for you so you can follow along easier? Happy to help if needed. Tis the giving season after all.

Last edited:
Some fouls and yellows aren’t even given! Imagine!

We agree more than we disagree on this player. wfudkn nailed it. He’s prone to a clumsy and reckless one.

His heads gone

What?!?!

Arteta: "Last year we won against Everton with a 25% chance of winning, you win 3-2. Last weekend, it was a 67% chance of winning, any Premier League game in history, & a 9% chance of losing, and you lose. 3% against Burnley & you lose, 7% against Spurs, & you lose.

The idea that an Everton fan has the nerve to call any other team’s player “dirty”, is hilarious to me. McTomminay is far from being what I would call a “dirty” player. I would think an Everton fan would know what a REAL dirty player looks like.

I for one would appreciate a few more pages of spirited discussion breaking down the marginal differences between Fred and McTominay. Thanks in advance.

He brought it up. I would be happy to never discuss Scott McTominay again.

I think Higginbotham has been good for NBCSN. Certainly a lot better than Tim Howard.

Back