• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I love when the announcer says "Andreas Pereira always has a goal like that in his locker." Uh, what bruh?

a scorer of great goals not a great goal scorer

ETA: Fenerbahçe have contacted Man United to ask about Andreas Pereira. Asking if they have reduced their 25m Euros asking price. Tell them its 22.5! What a bargain!

Man City prioritizing Grealish over Kane is so fucking Pep. Half space merchant is the last position they need to upgrade.

I'm not especially worried about Man City running away with the league if they get Grealish. I'm terrified of that being the case if they get Kane.

Also, images like these linked to Grealish back in 2012 are making the rounds on the twitter.

E7i-caQXEAUoR0v

:eek:

Not sure I'd want to move Bruno out of the no. 10 role. He's never looked comfortable playing in a 4-3-3, at least when I've seen him.

So now Kane hasn't shown up for training. He and his brother really don't have any idea what they're doing.

So now Kane hasn't shown up for training. He and his brother really don't have any idea what they're doing.

I think they do

And I also think you should sell. Harry’s body is breaking down, he’s got maybe two good seasons left at this level. Cash in and reinvest in younger players. You’re not winning anything this year anyways.

I think they do

And I also think you should sell. Harry’s body is breaking down, he’s got maybe two good seasons left at this level. Cash in and reinvest in younger players. You’re not winning anything this year anyways.

I wouldn't mind that at all, especially since Paratici seems to have some idea what he's doing in identifying and bringing in talent. And it seems like the club is certainly willing to accommodate his desire to leave. But Kane has no leverage and I doubt Levy/Para is going to let him go for less than their valuation. Especially with 3 years left on his contract. Especially to City. They sure as fuck aren't getting a discount. He'll go for £150m+ or not at all. All this petulant behavior has accomplished is further pissing off the fans who've had his back for years and disrespected the club who gave him his shot. You don't expect your former youth trainees to act like this.

I kinda doubt this would have all played out as it has if he had a real agent.

If it was anybody else but Levy I would say it will end with 100 mil + achievable addons to get to 120 and then outlandish ones to get to 150. But it's Levy so he's probably going to have Kane assassinated instead.

What the actual fuck is this nonsense?

"On marginal offside, we've now effectively re-introduced the benefit of the doubt to the attacking player," Riley said. "Where we have a really close offside decision, we carry on following the same process that we did last season with the one pixel lines; we'll then put on the thicker broadcast lines, and where they overlap those situations will now be deemed as onside.
"What we give back to the game is 20 goals that we would have disallowed last season by using quite forensic scrutiny. So it's the toe nails, the noses of the players who are offside; they might have been offside last season but next season they won't be."

The solution they saw was nothing scientific or mathematical but just making the arbitrary line larger by an arbitrary amount???

Jesus, I hate dumb people.

Sounds fine to me if the lines are thick enough. Kind of like the arbitrary 95% cutoff for scientific use. They're admitting there's uncertainty and saying if we draw fat lines and they overlap, we're letting it go. If it's clear enough that it was offside, i.e. the attacker line is ahead of the defender line with no overlap, then they'll rule offside. Like I said, sounds ok to me if the bounds of uncertainty are sufficiently wide. *If I'm reading it correctly.

And I'd love to axe the automatic goal reviews as well. Review instances that are cause for concern, not a line-breaking pass five moves before that nobody complained about. In other words, try NOT to take the fun out of goals. They're the most exciting part of the game for fuck's sake.

If the lines are widened to take into account the uncertainty of when the ball is actually first touched and where a player was *exactly* at that moment then ok fair enough. But it just sounds like they are making the lines wider to try to get less blame when shit goes wrong instead of using a reasonable margin of error.

So it's better but a stupid fix instead of being smart about it, IMO.

Joe Hart to Celtic from Spurs is a done deal. Spurs' backup GK spot just got a lot better.

The Athletic says Villa are going to accept a 100m pound bid from Man City for Grealish

Makes sense as Villa have finalized the Leon Bailey signing. Nice work by them, lose Grealish and get Bailey, Buendia and a boatload of cash.

Back