• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

comical defending by Arsenal. Good to see this year is going the same for their defense as last season.

I can't wait for all the articles continuing to say that Arteta is a good manager despite any evidence to back up that opinion.

comical defending by Arsenal. Good to see this year is going the same for their defense as last season.

Third best defensive record in the league last season but go off.

Still not a shocking start to the season.

I expect almost nothing and yet this is a disappointment beyond my wildest dreams

There's that top class Arsenal defense again. Going off here.

2-0 Brentford. Arsenal for the drop?

There's that top class Arsenal defense again. Going off here.

2-0 Brentford. Arsenal for the drop?

You said something stupid and wrong, accept that. Has nothing to do with this season.

Arsenal's defense was still weak last season. xGA was worse than actual goals allowed as well.

Arsenal were 2nd worst tacklers (% of tackles attempted/won) in the Prem last season and had least amount of tackles won. And intercepted the ball the least amount of times of all clubs.

They were a weak defensive side last season. They just happened to be punished less often than they should have. Meaning, Arsenal were lucky to even finish 8th last year.

Without more investment than I think we can reasonably expect from our ownership group, going to be a looooooooooooooong season.

This is brilliant. Can't wait to play these dudes.

Back