• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Benrahma having a great match. After his awesome preseason, I have huge expectations for him this season.

Antonio such a boss. Wins that ball at midfield and turns around and sprints fifty yards to get open

Kane not named to squad today. Surprised to see Skipp in the XI, though he was terrific for Norwich last season. Welcome to the bigs, kid.

Kane not named to squad today. Surprised to see Skipp in the XI, though he was terrific for Norwich last season. Welcome to the bigs, kid.

Last edited:
How did you feel about Rafa’s lineup, style of play etc today? I listened to the second half in the car and it sounded like the energy in Goodison was solid. My friend also texted me and said there were a lot of boos at the halftime whistle.

I typed a long response to this last night, but it didn't post for some reason....

Short version: Rafa did well. His halftime adjustments were spot on and whatever he said to them at halftime worked. I'm very pleased with him after one match. However Soton are bad, and if they lose JWP I could see them getting relegated. So good first match, but with our "easy" early fixtures, he'll need to continue with these results to really win the fanbase over. That being said Goodison was buzzing in the second half, and from all accounts he got a warm reception.

I dig it. Just really wish y’all weren’t a soulless superclub now, because this would feel more special.

This is the upside of Nuno, y’all should get a couple big scalps this season. The downside will be when you have to breakdown Burnley. Similar to us with Carlo.

My goodness, what a game. Auspicious debut for Nuno's Spurs. They looked like they actually knew what they were doing and played their hearts out doing it.

No draws in the opening set of fixtures. I wonder when the last time that happened was?

Also, Man City's squad today cost them over a billion dollars.

Starting XI = $755M
Bench = $480M

Martin Odegaard to Arsenal for $40m pounds.

How about those halftime adjustments by Rafa?

1. Give and take corner kicks
2. Give and take nothing from those corners kicks.
3. ?????
4. Profit

Just returning to this post cause i guess i wasn't reading the thread from this weekend, but Rafa made a ton of adjustments at half. In the second half Everton got 20% more possession, took 6 more shots, subbed off the two wide players for two new wide players, changed formations, moved DCL more narrow and dropped Richarlison deeper, etc. etc. Given it was the first win for Everton after being down at halftime since 2015, I suppose you could also understand why it'd feel like the same old story as last season in the first half. I wasn't thrilled with the Rafa hire, but it's clear to me after a single game that he makes more adjustments than our last four coaches.

Back