• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Pretty fun if chaotic half for Everton Leeds

Would love to see Moise Kean in the second half

Didn’t like the subs we used today but I’ll take that point for sure. First home match for Leeds with a crowd since coming up and Raphinha was a terror. Keane needs to clean up the big mistakes and I genuinely hope Delph never plays for us again but again, fun game and a solid point.

Premiere League officials this season constantly shouting "weight room!" like they're DV7 in 2007

Didn’t like the subs we used today but I’ll take that point for sure. First home match for Leeds with a crowd since coming up and Raphinha was a terror. Keane needs to clean up the big mistakes and I genuinely hope Delph never plays for us again but again, fun game and a solid point.

I think we had more than an xG than them. DCL being a good, but not great, striker probably cost us the three points. He had two high quality chances he didn’t finish.

Last edited:
It’s been a great change in officiating. They’re letting them play this year and I dig it.

100%. There were two coming togethers in the box in the Liverpool match and even though they were both absolutely nothing I just assumed watching live they would be penalties.

I think we had more than an xG than them. DCL being a good, but not great, striker probably cost us the three points. He had two high quality chances he didn’t finish.

Lol ok dude. He’s 24 years old and about to crack the top 5 Everton all time scoring list but let’s blame big Dom for today’s dropped points. No. It’s Keane for the second game in a row with a massive mistake in the back if you really need to be negative about today.

Lol ok dude. He’s 24 years old and about to crack the top 5 Everton all time scoring list but let’s blame big Dom for today’s dropped points. No. It’s Keane for the second game in a row with a massive mistake in the back if you really need to be negative about today.

I love Dom and want him to be our #9 for the next decade, but his xG on target today was 1.87. He has got to improve when he’s one-on-one in on goal. It’s his biggest weakness.

Keane needs to be benched when Godfrey returns, he sadly doesn’t have the mental fortitude to play well under pressure in front of fans, but DCL’s poor finishing cost us nearly a goal today, statistically.

Last edited:
Regardless I’m fine with the draw at Leeds. Their crowd was buzzing and they were up for it. We need to take care of business in the Carabao against Huddy midweek and then Brighton away is tasty next Saturday after their good start. I think we have a good chance of taking all three points. Rafa’s direct tactics are a good foil for how Potter sets them up.

Ok first of all he converted a pen so let’s adjust that and just take both a goal and -.75 from the xG and acknowledge that the stats expect him to get on the end of a Gray cross in his first start or a contested header. I’m as big an xG fan as there is but you can’t use a single game to demonize a performance.

We had like 25% possession and barely created more chances than them. It’s a foolish critique devoid of any kind of club context to blame DCL when we’ve got no #8 and our top CB has conceded six big chances in two games.

Ok first of all he converted a pen so let’s adjust that and just take both a goal and -.75 from the xG and acknowledge that the stats expect him to get on the end of a Gray cross in his first start or a contested header. I’m as big an xG fan as there is but you can’t use a single game to demonize a performance.

We had like 25% possession and barely created more chances than them. It’s a foolish critique devoid of any kind of club context to blame DCL when we’ve got no #8 and our top CB has conceded six big chances in two games.

It's not a single game man, if Dom is on goal against a keeper I have zero faith that he will finish. That's from 4+ seasons of watching Everton. If he has time to think, we're in trouble.

And those aren't the two chances I was referencing, I'm talking about the sitter from five yards out he hit right at Messlier after Gray dribbled down the wing and centered it to him (52') and the through ball from Iwobi who created space cutting in from the right (58') which he hit right into a diving Messlier. All he has to do is slightly lift over the diving keeper, the goal was wide open.

Harry Kane has a hat trick today from those chances. That was my point, he's not a great striker. He not at that level. I wish he was. I really do.

Dang man I thought I disliked Everton

2 in 2 for our 9 and 4 points is ok with me

Dang man I thought I disliked Everton

2 in 2 for our 9 and 4 points is ok with me

Nobody hates Everton more than me. NOBODY.

It has basically taken the place of Wake basketball for me, now that college hoops is dead.

I love it so much, but goddamn do I also hate it sometimes.

I hope my son is into music or art or something that's not sports. Because I will not raise a front runner but I also don't think this amount of loathing is entirely healthy.

I will support the fuck out of his tik-tok career.

Last edited:
You’re talking about a player with a top 5 shots per goal rate in the league essentially since he joined Everton (among starters). It’s an absolutely crazy narrative to suggest he doesn’t take his chances. And even crazier to target him in this team for any given week not succeeding. He’d lead the line for 15 clubs in this league and more or less every top five league club outside the champions league final eight, no question for me. An absolutely bonkers argument to be having.

You’re talking about a player with a top 5 shots per goal rate in the league essentially since he joined Everton (among starters). It’s an absolutely crazy narrative to suggest he doesn’t take his chances. And even crazier to target him in this team for any given week not succeeding. He’d lead the line for 15 clubs in this league and more or less every top five league club outside the champions league final eight, no question for me. An absolutely bonkers argument to be having.

Ok but that doesn't change the fact that he didn't finish two really good chances in on goal today, which was my original point.

Again I'm not shitting on DCL, he's just missing that cutting edge, which I acknowledge is rare.

To the end the night on a positive note - Demarai Gray looks like he might be the smartest senior player signing in recent club history. At least since 60 Grand. He was fantastic today running at Leeds' defense.

Back