• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Happy birthday to one of the most underrated players in Premier League history

FDBOWAQX0AAoYv-

And happy birthday to a truly great human being

FDAVayTXoAI766y

Nuno OUT

talking with Conte AGAIN

Will it take another seven candidates or does Levy get it right the first time???? Hmmm....

Actually feel bad for Nuno. Liked him at Wolves, but had trouble thinking his wing play style would work at Spurs.

why even hire a manager if you are going to cut them loose after 4 months?

Sounds like Conte is in London and will sign imminently. He's a hiring that will demand commitment and financial support, which is nice.

WISH WE'D DONE THIS THE FIRST TIME

Does this mean that Spurs actually won El Sackico?

So it appears that Rafa is who we thought he was

Not sure he makes it to Boxing Day if they keep playing this shit

Hopefully he’ll stay around and relegate us. Then, maybe then, we can finally purge the club properly. Fire everyone.

This feels a lot more injury related than Rafa related to me. I mean I’d select Davies or Delph over the human atrocity reel that is JPG but he’s really struggling for first team players at the moment

Even Fabian Delph, traffic cone though he is, was better than the absolute gaping hole Gbamin was. Wish he’d started with Delph/Davies there and Gordon over Iwobi but look at the bench again today, we desperately need DCL and Doucoure back.

Conte has reached here-we-go status. Welcome, Tony.

why even hire a manager if you are going to cut them loose after 4 months?

ok sounds like they had Conte locked up before firing Nuno. That makes the sacking make a lot more sense if they knew they could land Conte. Clearly an upgrade and I'm glad United played Spurs once before Conte has time with their squad.

Do Tottenham have the players yet (wing backs, passing midfielders) to make the Conte system work? Are they committed to overhauling the squad? Is this a short term right the ship hire? Conte hasn’t stuck around long at recent stops. He has a discernible plan, which is more than I can say for Nuno.

Do Tottenham have the players yet (wing backs, passing midfielders) to make the Conte system work? Are they committed to overhauling the squad? Is this a short term right the ship hire? Conte hasn’t stuck around long at recent stops. He has a discernible plan, which is more than I can say for Nuno.

Maybe re: the players. Lot of questions though. RWB would be major missing piece (don't think Tanganga or Emerson are comfortable enough on the ball). Might be interesting to see Berg there. One of Hojbjerg/Skipp gonna have to step up big too and do more than just play solid defense and make sideways passes (I don't think Winks will ever be good enough defensively to find the field under Conte regularly). We've gone 2 years now with no real player development and boring football so really hard to assess overall.

I view this as as rolling the dice and worst case it's a short-term right-the-ship deal that leaves us in a better spot for the next manager. Best case Conte somehow gets on with Levy well enough and we extend his contract and win some shit.

waka waka.

torn here. we all knew this was an inevitability as soon as he retired, but #nervous that it's such a terrible situation he's walking into he's going to get churned through quickly. but, he's my favorite player of all time and obviously will have a lot of fan support behind him.

I was lucky to miss the Liverpool debacle. Unfortunately I get to sit through this one today.

I was lucky to miss the Liverpool debacle. Unfortunately I get to sit through this one today.
Whole team is playing with no confidence and looking scared
Much different demeanor/body language than with the meetings with Man City last season

Back