• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I remember watching BHA a few times early and feeling like they were pretty good. My gut says they are the team most underperforming their advance stats this year.

I remember watching BHA a few times early and feeling like they were pretty good. My gut says they are the team most underperforming their advance stats this year.

It's been a few weeks since I saw the stat last, but IIRC they were roughly 10 points lower than expected so far, easily higher after today. They should be contending for Europa League places and instead are going to be stuck in a relegation battle.

Brighton have over six fewer assists than the computer says that they should have this season. That tells me that they are missing quality chances as well as just taking lots of pot shots with < 15% chance of going in. SUFC right behind them there but the next closest is Burnley at 5 fewer, then Wolves at -4.4, Fulham -3.9, and the last club with a negative assists-xA difference is the worst defending Champions since David Moyes' United, Liverpool Football Club, at -2.8. I'm sure that is somehow down to the VvD injury. Poor victims, those scousers.

All other clubs have more assists than the computer expected them to have in their matches thru this point of the season.

Their strikers are not very good but they’ve got some decent players setting the table

I like Trossard and have always liked Groß

Maupay and Welbeck leave something to be desired

Welbeck has played 12 matches (only 7 starts). Getting on the pitch is something he probably desires.

With Leeds' win today Arsenal will drop back down into the bottom half of the table. Arteta, that.

With Leeds' win today Arsenal will drop back down into the bottom half of the table. Arteta, that.

And yet somehow you took a solitary point against us, Ole at the wheel.

I think Arsenal will be wise to give Arteta through next fall, but I don't actually know what's he trying to do. Their style of play is non-existent. He also seems to be wavering on #playyourkids, which was the only positive he had going.

He's gotten a few decisions right, I think. AMN is not cut out for a top 6 club imho. Saka probably looks like a starter long term. I think Smith-Rowe looks very promising too. Martinelli is inconsistent, but I think he's a real talent. There are just some huge missing pieces still in this side. Partey wasn't the answer there and IDK what numbers they saw made them think he was at that price and age.

And yet somehow you took a solitary point against us, Ole at the wheel.

Yep, dropping points against the bottom half clubs is something that must be improved upon even more next season to truly challenge for the title. I'm sure Ole and the players understand that not doing the double over the likes of Sheffield United, West Brom, Arsenal, and Burnley is something that cannot be repeated in 2021/22.

I think Arsenal will be wise to give Arteta through next fall, but I don't actually know what's he trying to do. Their style of play is non-existent. He also seems to be wavering on #playyourkids, which was the only positive he had going.

He's gotten a few decisions right, I think. AMN is not cut out for a top 6 club imho. Saka probably looks like a starter long term. I think Smith-Rowe looks very promising too. Martinelli is inconsistent, but I think he's a real talent. There are just some huge missing pieces still in this side. Partey wasn't the answer there and IDK what numbers they saw made them think he was at that price and age.

Partey has been injured for much of the year but when he has played, he is clearly a cut above any other midfielder we have at the club, not sure where you are getting the Partey hate from. Saka is our best long-term player and it's possible ESR and Martinelli join him. I think the biggest issues to be addressed are getting another midfielder in permanently (whether that be Odegaard or someone deeper lying is TBD), get a young backup LB so Tierney doesn't have to play 50 games a season, and bring Saliba back and actually play him. We simultaneously look miles away and decently close in equal measure and I think cutting bait on deadwood at the club, even if it cost us in the short term, is invaluable going into the summer.

@Brasky, I think the style Arteta wants is City-lite where we maybe don't dominate as much of the possession, but we lock down the midfield and don't concede easy transition chances, and when we do have the ball play it quickly and with conviction. The team has shown themselves to be capable of doing that, especially recently, just that awful run in Nov/Dec where we were on the wrong side of fine margins over and over again is really hampering our progress. We couldn't afford to have any more bad luck this season and we unfortunately had it.

Yep, dropping points against the bottom half clubs is something that must be improved upon even more next season to truly challenge for the title. I'm sure Ole and the players understand that not doing the double over the likes of Sheffield United, West Brom, Arsenal, and Burnley is something that cannot be repeated in 2021/22.

This is an extremely bad troll job, even by your typically low standards.

@Brasky, I think the style Arteta wants is City-lite where we maybe don't dominate as much of the possession, but we lock down the midfield and don't concede easy transition chances, and when we do have the ball play it quickly and with conviction. The team has shown themselves to be capable of doing that, especially recently, just that awful run in Nov/Dec where we were on the wrong side of fine margins over and over again is really hampering our progress. We couldn't afford to have any more bad luck this season and we unfortunately had it.

Eh?

Did you mean more like Brighton Hove Albion-extra?

154600423_917221742420767_3726867452653093366_n.png

DV7, I will never understand you. Does nothing bring you happiness that you must troll and pretend you know soccer better than anyone?

Also I said that’s what Arteta wants, not that it’s what Arsenal is. But you don’t care about that, you’re too busy wiping yourself off after that sick burn with the pretty colored spreadsheet.

All the shit talking you do towards United and me and you can't take a little in return?

Lame.

All the shit talking you do towards United and me and you can't take a little in return?

Lame.

We give and take plenty but for you it’s just never enough. It’s impossible to have an actual discussion on this thread with anyone because you insert yourself in to everything and have the apparent need to prove your knowledge and how amazing you are at all times. You truly are RJ.

And yes, I’m 100% baited and hooked, I’ll freely admit it. I’m definitely the loser in this situation. But it’s so fucking tired.

Partey has been injured for much of the year but when he has played, he is clearly a cut above any other midfielder we have at the club, not sure where you are getting the Partey hate from.

kind of a low bar innit

Back