• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Ok so maybe the majority of your time as a fan they've only averaged 9th.

What Everton and Tottenham and Arsenal need is a good relegation. That'll straighten out the entitlement

founding members of the league and never getting relegated will do something to your sense of belonging

Now that I think about it, that promotion play off win was nearly a decade ago. And we've had two really exciting seasons since then, including this one.

The league is often kinda meh for every club except for a select few. Gotta spend more time supporting MY Dulwich Hamlet!

Oh yeah mid-table life is pointless. It’s why I’m now rooting for the breakaway Euro Super League to happen, I can’t wait for DV7 to experience finishing 12th every season.

I mean Jesus Christ this article by Bill Simmons inspired a bunch of American 20 somethings to adopt Spurs back in the early to mid 2010’s

https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060719

Lol I have never seen that article before, but the criteria wasn't too bad. Still hard to take the opinion of a guy that says this seriously: "I like everything I read/heard about Liverpool" (which was the only reason he ruled Everton out). Big 4 bandwagon supporters are for more prevalent and annoying IMO.

You let me know eternally depressing when you've pulled for a club managed by Tim Sherwood and West Ham is printing shirts celebrating the treble over you. When I chose my club they were getting St. Totteringham day rubbed in their face for the nth straight year. Otherwise the only thing that really separates Tottenham and Everton is one club getting lucky and landing Poch at the "right" time (younger team, Kane ready to break out) and not completely wasting our Bale money (vs. Everton arguably w/Lukaku and Stones cash).

it's honestly probably my fault for trolling him in the group slack about son and kane for years, week in week out

This is part of it. The sad part is historically I actually pulled pretty regularly for Everton and West Ham (when not playing Tottenham or in results that would materially affect Tottenham's standings). My friends support those clubs and I like to see my friends happy, and players like Lukaku were entertaining as shit to boot. Hell, West Ham has personified Tottenham's motto better than the club itself recently. After years of getting trolled and shit-talked something snapped after that FA Cup loss. So nah, not anymore.

I am still untangling my feelings re: banter and shit-talk from the overall malaise I've felt since the day Poch was fired and that's only grown worse week after week. Watching Mourinho-ball week-in and week-out really does a number on your soul.

I'm an emotional fan. Not gonna apologize for that.

Just chiming in to affirm that players like son and Richardson and salah and grealish are annoying as fuck. And bruno and lamela are dirty bastards

Which West Ham players do you sort of cringe about?

I'll be honest, I don't cringe about Bruno, but I love a player with a winning "fuck everyone else" attitude on my side. Cristiano was petulant but had that same will to win that Bruno does.

Bruno doesn't dive either and Ronaldo had a very nasty habit of doing that at MUFC.

Most "cringey" player at United right now, for me, is Maguire. And just because of his price tag. He's a fine player but seems a bit of a tool personality wise and a faux leader. And he was never worth 80 mil. Never, ever. Ever.

Ever.

Then Dan James because a player at that level should have a first touch better than mine.
Tony M also because he dives the most to make me hang my head in shame.

This is part of it. The sad part is historically I actually pulled pretty regularly for Everton and West Ham (when not playing Tottenham or in results that would materially affect Tottenham's standings). My friends support those clubs and I like to see my friends happy, and players like Lukaku were entertaining as shit to boot. Hell, West Ham has personified Tottenham's motto better than the club itself recently. After years of getting trolled and shit-talked something snapped after that FA Cup loss. So nah, not anymore.

I am still untangling my feelings re: banter and shit-talk from the overall malaise I've felt since the day Poch was fired and that's only grown worse week after week. Watching Mourinho-ball week-in and week-out really does a number on your soul.

I'm so old.

No need to. Sorry if I made being a Spurs fan even less fun!

Also I miss lukaku too. And Baines and ossie and Arteta and Cahill. I only really like a few players on the current Everton team: Coleman, Davies, and DCL. Feels like every other promising young player hasn’t panned out or has gone elsewhere, and the rest of the recruits since the Moyes era have just been overpriced turds. I don’t feel like even our best or most productive recruits, like Digne or Richarlison or the CBs feel very Everton to me.

I know I should just swallow the decade of mid table because we’ve never gone down but we’ve never really had a progressive run where we got better year over year and looked like we had a plan either. Just 15 years of stagnation. I feel the Jose thing, I genuinely feel like Ancelotti is extremely similar, past it in his approach to the game and hyper conservative. It doesn’t feel like a fit at the club, statement of intent or not.

Feelings hour!

Totally Unofficial 2020/21 Premier League Thread (NWT)

You're blind to Bruno DV7

He is absolutely in the Richarlison/Son shithouse category. Dude embellishes contact all the time and whines to the officials after ever single call.

Here's a 25 second video comp of his diving that I found after two secs of googling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2yOogp6ExQ

Last edited:
To answer DV7's question about West Ham players:

Arthur Masuaku: I think he's a genuinely good dude, but he literally spit on an opponent in a cup match against Wigan. Only red card of his career and he did a lot of interviews about his shame.

Ricardo Vaz Te: another fan favorite who had a single dirty play I'll never forgive him for. Dragged his studs across an Arsenal goalkeeper's head before going down and dislocating his shoulder. For me it was immediately clear it was deliberate and it was instant karma.

The only current player I'd say has any dirtiness in him is Angelo Ogbonna: the nicest man possible off the pitch, he's always acting innocent during matches despite putting in some questionable defending.

Other than that, can't think of anything. It's a good group and generally a good culture. Players who are dicks don't tend to last long at Upton Park. Arnautovic lasted far longer than fans thought he would based on his attitude. He put in a couple of questionable tackles in his day too. Diafra Sakho wasn't a saint either.

Noble is the only West Ham player that has inspired lots of discussion around being dirty or dangerous in our friend group, and believe it or not, wakephan has actually somewhat swayed me away from my previously strongly held beliefs. This is why I will never stop trying with Son.

You're blind to Bruno DV7

He is absolutely in the Richarlison/Son shithouse category. Dude embellishes contact all the time and whines to the officials after ever single call.

Here's a 25 second video comp of his diving that I found after two secs of googling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2yOogp6ExQ
Great compilation.

1 second in we see a foul on Bruno.

d2c4cabbb175b7752011dad3460f1e22.jpg

what was the persuasive argument? that he's a good dude off the field?

two of wakephan09's favs OAT are both t-4th in most red cards in the prem all time, noble and parker, MAKES U WONDER

Welcome to like 8 years ago, bro. Make the PL Great Again!

Lol I am way too lazy to search, but there was definitely some non-stop crowing about Man U winning the league this year earlier in this thread (it coincided w/ lots of Ole vs. Lampard/Arteta shit-talk IIRC, as if that was ever a high bar)

Back