• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

ahhh good ol' whataboutisms

FUN!

If every player in the league is exaggerating hand-to-face contact then Son is not an exception to the rule or any softer. It's not a whataboutism. I'm not here to argue about whether its right or wrong. Just pointing out that it's ridiculous that we're acting like it's "cheating" or deserves to get called out in this specific instance, when other players haven't been held to the same standard.

If anything players like Mitrovic (who is large and has a history of being a very physical player) should get called out more than Son (not large, and actually literally a little soft), especially considering he actually drew a red card with his theatrics.

son has a whiny face, i think that's part of the problem too, his facial expressions during a match look like the drama masks

If every player in the league is exaggerating hand-to-face contact then Son is not an exception to the rule or any softer. It's not a whataboutism. I'm not here to argue about whether its right or wrong. Just pointing out that it's ridiculous that we're acting like it's "cheating" or deserves to get called out in this specific instance, when other players haven't been held to the same standard.

You also can't compare every situation where a person gets hit in the face. Some of those actually do hurt and some are minor annoyances, at best. And others in between.

Guess which where on the spectrum reasonable people believe the McT/Son finger brush falls?

If Son had just stopped and held his face to draw attention to the (minimal) contact to try to get a decision from the ref, that's one thing. But he rolled around on the floor for MINUTES pretending like McT threw a haymaker. It was ruthlessly absurd and far worse than the typical hand/arm to face theatrics we see.

Also, why do you only seem to post when Son gets brought up? You have an RSS on his name on this board or something?

If anything players like Mitrovic (who is large and has a history of being a very physical player) should get called out more than Son (not large, and actually literally a little soft), especially considering he actually drew a red card with his theatrics.

Son is 6 feet tall and an athletic 170 lbs. He isn't small by any stretch of the imagination.

And remember he was still on the ground clutching his face a minute after the slightest of contact and the play had been stopped because of the goal. What a pathetic wuss.

8043f09e-0e4b-46c3-824a-02279d42a995.jpg

it's honestly probably my fault for trolling him in the group slack about son and kane for years, week in week out

It is also because Spurs are the most basic bitch faux hipster squad too.

Its just too easy to grill their supporters, especially for those of us who picked eternally depressing clubs like Everton

especially for those of us who picked eternally depressing clubs like Everton

Apparently "eternally depressing" = only finishing in the bottom half of the league two or three times in the last fifteen years. And in those cases it was 11th or 12th. Just a lot of whiners like Arsenal fans.

Apparently "eternally depressing" = only finishing in the bottom half of the league two or three times in the last fifteen years. And in those cases it was 11th or 12th. Just a lot of whiners like Arsenal fans.

three of the past six but yea sorry we don't historically suck as bad as ur favs

At least your club won something, a promotion push sounds fucking awesome right now.

We just finish 8th every year, nothing ever changes. It’s not bad, it’s not good. We’ll survive, sure, but will we ever experience true happiness?

I’m surprised I haven’t turned to heroin yet.

i wasn't depressed for like six weeks under roberto

three of the past six but yea sorry we don't historically suck as bad as ur favs
Ok so maybe the majority of your time as a fan they've only averaged 9th.

What Everton and Tottenham and Arsenal need is a good relegation. That'll straighten out the entitlement

Just chiming in to affirm that players like son and Richardson and salah and grealish are annoying as fuck. And bruno and lamela are dirty bastards

Now that I think about it, that promotion play off win was nearly a decade ago. And we've had two really exciting seasons since then, including this one.

The league is often kinda meh for every club except for a select few. Gotta spend more time supporting MY Dulwich Hamlet!

Back