• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Totally Unofficial 2020/21 Premier League Thread (NWT)

And I'm not in favor of this super league nonsense, but it isn't fucking traitorous.

Really my only point.

But keep on wishing bodily harm on human beings.

The only way human beings ever defeat greed is through violence. Or at least the threat of it.

Twice. And I’ve been to Goodison and Liverpool far more recently than you’ve been to Manchester. I’ve been to a Merseyside derby with fucking Big Sam in charge. I’ve toured Goodison and ate lunch at the club with the Everton USA group and club directors. I’m a member of my club. You’re a glory hunter who’s has a slight familial connection to NW England. So you picked the right club.

Anyhow your boy Gary Neville is on English TV destroying this and asking for point deductions, so I’m willing to acknowledge that not everything about ManU these days is evil incarnate. Liverpool on the other hand...
Oh goodie. We aren't all evil in your eyes

I was so worried.

I’ll stop rage posting now, but my last thought is that UEFA and the EPL/EFL should give these teams a May 1st deadline to contractually agree to playing within their FAs and UEFA for the next decade. If they don’t sign it then they are immediately suspended from domestic and European competitions and any player registered at their club will be banned from the Euros this summer.

That being said the big winner in this might just be MLS. I could see a lot of players coming here next season to wait out the uncertainty.

And Andy perfectly sums up my thoughts as he's prone to do

8 points.

Pep collapse please
Anybody else remember 2012?

ea6a085d182383b931762bf63b6eda70.jpg

The super league is about one thing. It's about assuring a handful of clubs entrench their cash flows and set themselves as forever elite. And at least a few of those clubs (perhaps more) at present are being driven by concerns they may not be able to service their debts longer term. Namely is anyone surprised at the rumors Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man Utd are the three clubs who have been stirring the proverbial straw the hardest. Being handed $425M each to sign on the dotted line fixes a whole bunch of hand wringing. How do levered owners make money in an uncertain world? They increase the club's cash flows (not easy to do right now) or they sell. Football, another potential victim of the pandemic.

I've long held soccer is broken because it services the clubs with the largest cash flows only. City proved the only way to really claw your way up to the very top consistently is to spend way over the odds. I always found it funny when the most vociferous against them (or PSG) were the folks who were threatened by their arrival at a higher perch. This news is just a further extension of that broader concern - with the likes of Chelsea, City and PSG now having something to lose vs. the rise they each made on someone's bankroll.

This oddly could end up benefitting MLS on the margins and even perhaps significantly. Sure its a league without relegation. It's also a league that helps promote a more level playing field on the field. And that helps the sport here and I think would help it elsewhere. That won't happen elsewhere because of tradition. Save it appears the biggest of the big are willing to kick tradition in the nuts.

Last edited:
^ In short, the goal of capitalism is to stifle competing, not create it. To take over the entire market share and kill your competitors.

Another big dub for capitalism today

Not sure how you have turned this into an expose on the wonders of political economic theory. But there you've arrived.

brasky's post isn't a particularly strong one but you pretending there's no marxist (for example) read of this is equally weak, imo.

Champions League and Europa League have been temporarily suspended.

If I were Klopp, I’d resign tomorrow.

The DirtyDozen all quit UEFA this evening, mean that PSG is the lone club left in the Champions League.

PL meeting tonight, 30 point point deduction or immediate expulsion being rumored on the inter webs for the six traitorous teams.

I really hope they follow through on the national teams ban, it’s time to make the players decide who they are with. The fans or the hedge funds and despots that run their current clubs.

Also a big shout out to French and German soccer for telling these cowards to get fucked.

Am I reading this right that JP Morgan is fronting a 6 billion dollar loan for this?

The DirtyDozen all quit UEFA this evening, mean that PSG is the lone club left in the Champions League.

PL meeting tonight, 30 point point deduction or immediate expulsion being rumored on the inter webs for the six traitorous teams.

I really hope they follow through on the national teams ban, it’s time to make the players decide who they are with. The fans or the hedge funds and despots that run their current clubs.

Also a big shout out to French and German soccer for telling these cowards to get fucked.

While I don’t disagree with most of this as with most Brasky takes, it’s not as if the players were consulted or UEFA, FIFA, and domestic governing bodies are some respectable nonprofits that players play for because of their community work. Let’s be serious. It’s two groups of corrupt bodies fighting over who has more power and the fans and players are in the dark.

Back