• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Referees always have it in for Arsenal

Anyway, this apparently wasn't even a booking.
a989f8bba0bb60291da54d5724cbfeea.jpg

Pretty surprised that Kante is still on the field. That handball looked pretty obvious although the replays weren’t great.

pretty surprised the whole Chelsea team is on the field -- ridiculous that the Premier League didn't accept their request for postponement. So many playing out of position, disjointed and not a good half for the Blues.

Referees always have it in for Arsenal

Anyway, this apparently wasn't even a booking.
a989f8bba0bb60291da54d5724cbfeea.jpg

Andre Marriner and Michael Oliver (VAR) are shit, not breaking news here. But congrats to you for scraping Man U Twitter this morning to find a gotcha as if this proves that Arsenal get favored by officials like you consistently do.

Kane maybe a little lucky to still be on the field after his high tackle on Robbo. Yellow is fine, but a different player could easily see red.

Refereeing is a difficult job and they all mistakes. I don't expect perfection but I do think it's reasonable to expect some level of consistency.

Paul Tierney in real time without VAR, judged both Kane and Robertson to have earned yellow cards. My view is that while Kane's was more reckless, both should have been straight reds but at least Tierney was consistent in the moment in giving both more benefit of the doubt than they deserved.

Yet, somehow, VAR stepped in and asked Tierney to review only the Robertson foul and not the Kane foul, and of course, once asked to review it, Robertson was off with a straight red. The lack of consistency between the two is maddening and just awful refereeing from both the VAR and from Tierney.

Robertson's challenge was a deserved red. He's admitted as much on instagram. Kane's was as well and I don't think either were particularly hard calls.

The fact that Robertson jumped to save his leg from snapping is hardly a mitigating factor in the recklessness of Kane's challenge.

End

There is no conspiracy against Arsenal. Stop being a crazy person.

I guess the Bundesliga refs are in on the 'Victimize Granit Xhaka' conspiracy too as he racked up 6 reds in 4 seasons at M'Gladbach (including 3 in his last season there!).

Xhaka is a dirty player. 652 fouls, 110 bookings and 10 sending offs in his career. I don't understand defending him on his discipline. It would be like me saying that Roy Keane wasn't a dirty player that deserved his reds.

I guess the Bundesliga refs are in on the 'Victimize Granit Xhaka' conspiracy too as he racked up 6 reds in 4 seasons at M'Gladbach (including 3 in his last season there!).

Xhaka is a dirty player. 652 fouls, 110 bookings and 10 sending offs in his career. I don't understand defending him on his discipline. It would be like me saying that Roy Keane wasn't a dirty player that deserved his reds.

Agreed. Having said that, the fact that Kane (or any other player) isn't known for dirty or reckless challenges should not matter at all when he commits a dirty or reckless challenge.

Back