• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021 European Championship Thread (NWT)

Stones off the post on a free header! Great leap but he's gotta put that ball in the back of the net

Does anybody else not really rate Mason Mount? He's just an alright player but doesn't really do anything special...so I'm not sure how he is one of the first names on Southgate's team sheet...?

You can't tell me that a more dynamic player like Grealish or Sancho wouldn't make this England side more dangerous + it would move Foden to the middle of the park, which is where I think he can be at his best.

Harry Kane has been invisible this tournament

Barely even touched the ball in the first 45. I'm guessing single digit touches

Southgate should just completely switch his attacking mid options

Rashford, Grealish, Sancho on for the inept Sterling, Mount, and Foden

Grealish on. Show us that smile, Jack

Eo4Oa1-XcAE6SVn.jpg

No Jadon Sancho two matches in a row for England. Their attack must be amazing and just scoring for fun.

*checks notes*

They've scored 1 goal in 2 matches. Oh...

Texas v aTm

Hook 'em
The Texas half of that comparison certainly fits. Disregard all the times we were overhyped before, THIS time we’re ready to contend for real.
Needs to be two schools in the same university system to capture the Team GB and colonial vibes, so I don't think UT-Aggie is a perfect analogy. (Though every other school in Texas definitely thinks of UT as their colonial oppressor)

Carolina-ECU?

Ha, ha! Take that Frogs!

Color me astonished you're rooting for Hungary.

Two enjoyable games to watch so far today. Germany and Portugal have 2 leaky back lines to fix. Germany in particular must have had double digit good scoring opportunities. Mbappe is probably wearing a portable spittle cup under his chin after watching Portugal's defense.

Finishing up Fathers Day brunch and just checked the scores. The Swiss have made up 3 goals in the first half. They only need two to pass Wales and auto qualify. Could be an interesting last 45.

Back