• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021 European Championship Thread (NWT)

Color me astonished you're rooting for Hungary.

Two enjoyable games to watch so far today. Germany and Portugal have 2 leaky back lines to fix. Germany in particular must have had double digit good scoring opportunities. Mbappe is probably wearing a portable spittle cup under his chin after watching Portugal's defense.

Of course I was for Hungary. It's rather inspirational for them to have gotten as far as they have. Besides, rooting for the French would be like rooting for Jeff Bezos, or the Rockefellers.

At least it didn't matter in the end. And Turkey had to be the worst team by far.

This Venezuela- Ecuador match was great end to end stuff. Venezuela squeaks out a game tying goal in injury time.

So I was at Wise Man this afternoon and some bro said to the bartender "hey, enough of this MLS crap, the Euro Cup is on."

WTF. "Euro Cup?" Also, the matches were well over by then.

Austria advanced to the knock out rounds and not a peep from Vad. Whatever happened to him?

Seems like just a matter of time before Belgium scores to assist Denmark. And they didn't get any help from the ref for a pretty clear foul in the box.

Wow, Russia with one of the more careless errors you’ll see at this level to allow Denmark to go up 2-0.

Russia's LB should be off for a 2nd yellow. Shirt pull + arm pull when nowhere near the ball. Referee bottled it.

ohhhh Lukaku's goal not a goal afterall and penalty to Russia

waaa waaa wee wa

And super soft pen against Denmark. 2 goal win would be huge for them as it would move them past Ukraine in the third-place ranks -- I think they'll likely wind up ahead of the Group E third-place team, but they'd need a second team still to play to wind up behind them and not sure that happens

Crazy couple minutes. Lukaku goal disallowed then a real weak penalty in the box.

Fun to see a crowd scene like this after so many months of empty stands across the sports world.

ESPN saying Denmark need another? That's not right now that Belgium scored, they're in second as it stands

Back