• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021 European Championship Thread (NWT)

UEFA saying no to the rainbow for Germany-Hungary in Munich is p lame

I think it's reasonable to take the position that we [UEFA] don't want to get involved in political statements and if you're taking an action specifically in response to Hungary's government during a game involving Hungary, then it's a political statement.

If it wasn't in response to a specific law and was just "we're doing this on our own because it's pride month" then I'd agree pretty lame to shut it down.

Having all the other Bundesliga stadiums do rainbow lights during the game seems like the perfect response.

everything is political

it's unavoidable -- saying no is still being political

Saka over Sancho AND Rashford?

lololol. OK, Gareth.

England XI: Pickford; Walker, Maguire, Stones, Shaw; Rice, Phillips, Grealish; Sterling, Kane, Saka

Bukayo Saka has appeared in 83 matches in all competitions for his club since the start of the 2019/20 season.

Jadon Sancho has scored or assisted 76 times in all competitions for his club since the start of the 2019/20 season.

Marcus Rashford has scored or assisted 70 times in all competitions for his club since the start of the 2019/20 season.

I'm geniunely baffled why anybody on Earth would opt for Saka over either Sancho or Rashford (assuming that Sterling is undroppable; which he shouldn't be).

What a ball by Shaw to put in Sterling. He volley lobbed a shot but it went off the far post. Perhaps should have scored there...

Grealish chips a sweet ball over the keeper's head and Sterling nods it into an empty net. Easy easy easy.

Saka did very well with the long progression btw in the buildup

Croatia leading Scotland btw

They get another and they finish 2nd in the group.

McGreggor scores from 20 yards out on a daisy cutter and it is 1-1 in Scotland

Saka and Grealish the only two lively players for England tonight.

What did Saka do in the 2nd half?

Actually, what did any English player do in the 2nd half? This has been abysmal to watch.

He was the best player on the field, but the bar was low. This English side plays dour football.

My question is what does Southgate do to adapt against a better side? He clearly won’t play his most explosive side. He hasn’t had enough time to practice this defensive football and completely switch to high pressure, high skill football.

Anything less than a Euros Final should be a failure for this side. I don’t think the players would disagree.

Back