• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

16! they've bought a new squad and a half!

like what wolves have done by comparison, used the MGW money to go buy two experienced, proven players in the position.

was discussing with friends how much this feels like 18/19 fulham. so many signings, and whether it tanks them this year or in a couple years, it's sort of a recipe for disaster.

It'll be interesting. I watched a YouTube vid defending it, the premise essentially was their CEO is a Billy Beane disciple and thus this is Moneyball and thus it will work.

Not sure that logic stands up when Beane's English club Barnsley just got relegated from the Champ last year. That said the Forest CEO -- an American UVa grad -- has an impressive track record getting little ol' Barnsley to the playoffs the year before and then what he did at Forest last.

What Forest is doing seems like a pretty clear Moneyball departure regardless, though I suppose most everyone they're bringing in is at least on the younger side

Tim Howard was just in the studio butchering the English language. Twice used “permeations” in place of “permutations” in describing the Fofana situation.

I should send him a DM.

That "professional foul" from Onana might be the funniest thing I've ever seen in professional soccer

Lampard off the mark with tactics again today. It was fine until he took off Rondon, but then once they put Gibbs White on we were outnumbered 4-2 in midfield and he made no changes. He just doesn’t read the game at all. There are no slouches in the league that will let you get away with nonsense tactics, and Everton don’t have the kind of squad where pure talent will see them through. One point from three, and today it was 1.07xG from 17 shots. Just a bunch of feckless dribblers that will never challenge a keeper. 3 games in and it already looks like a relegation scrap. Need another striker in badly.

9 points, 9 goals, top of the league is the best possible year round turnaround.

SALIBA!

Insulting to Wilshere to compare the twio

never heard of the other guy, but also hadn't thought about jack wilshere in a while. i was all aboard the hype train after that one CL game where he bossed around the best side of all time. that was nice.

Kinda makes sense the relative parity of MLS would be a better managerial training ground than the duopoly of the SPL. Viera streets ahead of $tevie G, Palace shoulda won that one by like five

Last edited:

WTF lol I do NOT remember this. :rofl:

I lol'd pretty hard at this.

:golfclap::werd:

Fair

Yea, that Alli kit being the one and only kit I've ever bought ain't lookin' too great these days. Could have sworn he was gonna be a monster. :noidea:

Whoa....are the quotes progressively indenting the more you put in your post for anyone else?

Yea, that Alli kit being the one and only kit I've ever bought ain't lookin' too great these days. Could have sworn he was gonna be a monster. :noidea:

If I get a little money saved soon, I'll get me a Son or Kane kit, maybe both....a Pulisic one (probably a USA version, or maybe Dortmund...bc I don't think I could have a Chelsea kit on my wall)...I'd like a Messi Barca one, but that's not very original....and for old times sake I'd like an Eriksen Spurs kit.

What kits do you guys have? I'd like to hear some. Do you go for specific players' kits or for team kits for specific years?

If I had a way to display more than a couple, I think footycrate.com would be a cool thing to try for a bit.

Last edited:
Jesus.....Aaronson with a goal for Leeds and Rodrigo with his 4th of the year.

2-0 Leeds

Back