• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Rashford withdraws from the England squad for this int'l break

YES YES YES. I approve. He is in desperate need of a rest. These 2 weeks off should do his body lots of good.

Some takeaways from the weekend:

QPR are desperately bad. I’ve seen better play from college teams and non league clubs. Not sure they strung more than three passes together on the ground. What a mess.

Everton away support is insanely good. They were loud all game. Onana absolutely loved it, he couldn’t get enough after the game. Loved to see that. Chelsea dropping points with the two gifts Everton gave them is comical.

Train down to Brighton was lovely. Grimsby Town away support was superb as well. The “is this a library?” chant while the Brighton crowd was quiet was great, but I was partial to their “FISH” chant and all their inflatable fish they brought. Fun stuff, even when the game turned into a blowout. And my Ferguson and Mitoma to score and Brighton to win parlay paid off nicely as a kicker.

Just a great slate of fixtures, and a lovely group of fellas to enjoy it with. I was unbelievably hungover at work today.

Oh anything else seems entirely untenable. Been a really tough year for Antonio but best for all parties involved to move on.

Spurs need to do this "tough rebuild" we've been talking about for 5 years eventually and he's not that guy anyway.

oh man, I love this. I've done that tour and walked out of that tunnel. I didn't do what this dude did, but I don't blame him for doing it. It feels surreal to walk out of that tunnel as a supporter of the club.
Also, it's so sweet because you can see a person imagining their childhood dream coming true. I hope he enjoyed that moment immensely!

Lots of reports of Spurs seeking talks with Nagelsmann. Apparently he has a "soft spot" for the club or some shit.

I think I heard that somewhere before about Nagelsmann and Tottenham, but gotta think they'll need to act fast with possibly PSG and Madrid open.

disgraceful board. for the first time i have a feeling something big will come of this punishment wise

most seem to be of the opinion that this will drag on for several months and a fine/transfer ban are more likely than a points deduction. i just want the Moshiri era to be over

disgraceful board. for the first time i have a feeling something big will come of this punishment wise

We can thank Burnley and Leeds complaining at the end of last season for this. Weird timing for the league to dredge this back up now.

We can thank Burnley and Leeds complaining at the end of last season for this. Weird timing for the league to dredge this back up now.
definitely strange timing. and wasn't the league supposed to be working closely with the board to approve the transactions? i don't get it

Back