• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

That elbow wasn’t raised by Schar, but I think it was intentional. Scream from Jesus a little ott, but that had some force behind it.

Newcastle play an over the edge style of soccer when they aren’t controlling the game, Kavanaugh hasn’t done anything to try and cool things off either, first booking just now in the 73rd. Just get through this with minimal damage, please.

That elbow wasn’t raised by Schar, but I think it was intentional. Scream from Jesus a little ott, but that had some force behind it.
Soccer gods saw it and took immediate action

Clinched 2nd place, hell of a season

I don’t really care all that much, but it’s been a definite thing for them this year. Whatever it takes. Arsenal definitely do it, too. Ramsdale taking a little break after that Almiron “collision.” Both the teams today were doing some needling, I thought it was great.

But I think Newcastle is way down the list of “ball in play” time this year.

Southgate needs to watch this game and then explain how Pickford is ahead of both Pope and Ramsdale
Good thing he doesn’t make decisions based on just one game!

Pope is probably the best overall of the three. Stops the most crosses, plays the best sweeper keeper, equivalent shot stopper to Pickford. Ramsdale easily the weakest (and youngest). Don’t want a keeper with a negative post-shot xG against, he’s a mid- to bottom half keeper by the numbers this year. Did well with all the shots fired right at him though.

Ok, Man United need these 3 points off a struggling West Ham

I think 9 points from the last 5 matches will lock up top 4. At least the two after this will be on full weeks rest, something these players desperately need

I think they’re all ok to pretty good. Pickford can do some funny shit in the league, but not sure he’s ever let Southgate down internationally, I could be forgetting something egregious.

I get it if you just want to roll with someone who is generally solid on that stage during a pretty successful run.

Good thing he doesn’t make decisions based on just one game!

Pope is probably the best overall of the three. Stops the most crosses, plays the best sweeper keeper, equivalent shot stopper to Pickford. Ramsdale easily the weakest (and youngest). Don’t want a keeper with a negative post-shot xG against, he’s a mid- to bottom half keeper by the numbers this year. Did well with all the shots fired right at him though.
Pope is comfortably England's best keeper, IMO

I think there are two things that give Pickford an edge over Pope in Gareth’s eyes. He’s been an outstanding shot stopper and distributor, especially for England.

He’s not quite as good with the ball at his feet, and definitely doesn’t command his box or stop crosses, plus he makes a shit ton of stupid mistakes, and he seems like he might be an insufferable maniac on the pitch.

Wout Weghorst works his socks off and wins a perfectly times tackle against Rice in Uniteds box hitting the ball out on Rice for a goal kick

I just wish he remembered how to score while in England...

Guessing Pickford’s pretty popular/one of the lads, too. And if you’re solid/not miserable to work with, I get it. I do think generally Southgate should mix it up more.

Back