• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Charlie Eccleshare, Tottenham correspondent for The Athletic, is saying now confirmed Nagelsmann is NOT in the running for Spurs job

Bah gawd, that's Jesse Marsch's music!

But seriously, no idea why they wouldn't want to talk to him.

For choosing where to go? Yes, but that’s a lot of pressure on a teenager to get right, and I’m not sure you could blame him from wanting to make the jump to a big club either, especially with agents telling him it’s the right call. No virgins in football, I’m just being bitter here. Again would love a @TexasDeac10 rant here to fill this out.

Oops @TownieDeac sry I'm late to this. I check these boards once a week, maybe twice a week at most?

My take on the Carvalho situation is this: Liverpool saw a young, promising talent who was about to be out of contract with Fulham, and saw it as a shrewd business opportunity. For 5m quid or whatever the fee was, they stand to make a profit even if they just shuffle the kid along somewhere else. I mean, Nottingham Forest paid 17m quid for freaking Neco Williams! I'm pretty sure Liverpool simply does not give a shit about the kid's personal development or whatever.

As for Carvalho himself, I'm sure he has serious regrets. I haven't seen any exact details about what happened, but there were months of reporting that he was "close" to signing an extension with Fulham and then he suddenly switched agents. After that, all focus on Liverpool. So if I had to guess, there's some agent fuckery that happened in the background, but I don't think we will ever know. Marco Silva has also hinted that Scott Parker kind of fucked the whole situation by ignoring/sidelining the kid for too long. I think his quote was "If I had been the coach here a little earlier, Fabio would still be a Fulham player" or something like that.

Anyway, I miss seeing Fab play in Fulham's system. I'm not a big tactics guy, but the kid had a seriously exciting partnership playing as a 10 around Mitrovic centrally, or drifting wider and connecting with Harry Wilson sometimes. He's always going to be kind of small and shrimpy, but there's magic in those feet if you just give him a little freedom to make runs into the box.

Last edited:
I love the story about how Carvalho ended up at Fulham in the first place. Apparently one of our season ticket holders told one of our Academy coaches about him, saying "you've gotta come see this kid at my local park." So they go to the park and there's a tiny 14 year old doing Rabonas and stuff against a bunch of 18 year olds. Team then gets him to sign up for the Academy, even though it meant he had like an hour-long commute across the London tube every day.

Gonna be extremely funny when Man United pay £80m for Declan Rice

Firpo have money on going down? How is he still on the field either card or sub.

How does pitch security let a fan go shove Eddie Howe?

Leeds might have the worst two players to receive regular minutes in the Premier League: Bamford and Firpo.

Put two replacement level players in their place today and Leeds win easily.

Back