• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

That’s a pretty harsh pk. I don’t love that interpretation.
Lol
You'd be fuming if Liverpool weren't given a penalty for something like that

Clearly hit his hand and his arm was up and away from his body

I don't see how that's NOT a penalty

I’m still not sure I understand this rule. What exactly was Grealish supposed to do ? He’s a foot away. Can he realistically get his hand away ? And can you not raise your arms to jump because the ball may hit you ?

I’m still not sure I understand this rule. What exactly was Grealish supposed to do ? He’s a foot away. Can he realistically get his hand away ? And can you not raise your arms to jump because the ball may hit you ?
His hand should never be up that high

Ever

That's poor defending and he got punished

Lol
You'd be fuming if Liverpool weren't given a penalty for something like that

Clearly hit his hand and his arm was up and away from his body

I don't see how that's NOT a penalty

That’s how fandom works.

It was applied correctly, but I think anyone jumping doesn’t necessarily have a natural position with regards to their arms. He’s clearly made himself bigger in this situation though, so it has to be given.

Ummm nice kick out by Bernardo about 10 mins ago btw

But then AWB gets a booking for that? With his trailing leg barely touching Graelish?

Hahahhahaha Tierney is so shit

That’s how fandom works.

It was applied correctly, but I think anyone jumping doesn’t necessarily have a natural position with regards to their arms. He’s clearly made himself bigger in this situation though, so it has to be given.
Cool so we agree

It was a definite penalty

Rashford is just not a #9

Uniteds trigger for the press is just severely flawed and just so disjointed. It could get United caught out with a line splitter

Eriksen has been invisible all match
Fred on a yellow and chasing shadows

Uniteds midfield is getting clobbered

His hand should never be up that high

Ever

That's poor defending and he got punished
It was a penalty.

But the rule sort of sucks unless you're of the view players should always run around and jump with their arms at their side whenever they happen to be in the box. The offside rule also sort of sucks bc it focuses on body parts other than feet.

Back