• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Wow. Coutinho was onside
AR completely wrong. But whistle blew so no VAR review

Why aren't the announcers talking about this?!?

Yikes, another disaster call this weekend. Maybe Villa doesn't score without the whistle but Coutinho was clearly onside.
Villa completely hosed
558b914904842e82be8945f96cfa0f5d.jpg

Well Howard Webb who has done a fairly awful job with PRO officials in MLS is coming back to England to head up their officials. So I doubt any relief is coming soon

Did VAR even look at this?

I was watching on my phone (while driving to SC to pick up our new rescue puppy Xabi!) and I thought the contact was more on the foot. VVD certainly reacted like he thought he was going to be in trouble/might have hurt him (which doesn’t matter obviously, just pointing it out).

Nobody talking either about the fact Chelsea gifted two points today by the referee. Atrocious call to take away a legitimate goal and bail out some awful goalkeeping by mendy

Just rewatched it and yeah that's one of the worst disallowed legit goals I've ever seen

the amount of Chelsea fans on r/soccer saying it's the wrong call is kind of staggering

Idk about that

I didn't follow soccer back then, so I was never aware of this, but HOLY GOD what an unfathomably terrible game from that ref. That is just some ridiculous missed calls.

I didn't follow soccer back then, so I was never aware of this, but HOLY GOD what an unfathomably terrible game from that ref. That is just some ridiculous missed calls.

Heh the two things are related. That first official is Mike Riley, under whom each of the officials in the three contemporary matches studied.

dv7 is on the record in last year’s thread that nothing was wrong with the way Riley officiated that game and that Arsenal fans are whiny babies for thinking Riley was biased

Nobody talking either about the fact Chelsea gifted two points today by the referee. Atrocious call to take away a legitimate goal and bail out some awful goalkeeping by mendy
It was an abysmal overturn. I legitimately don't understand the decision.

dv7 is on the record in last year’s thread that nothing was wrong with the way Riley officiated that game and that Arsenal fans are whiny babies for thinking Riley was biased
Not true.

Riley missed Cole taking out Ronaldo (I think, maybe Rooney?) Inside the penalty area which should have been a penalty for United.

Also. This is good stuff. I love football.

Not true.

Riley missed Cole taking out Ronaldo (I think, maybe Rooney?) Inside the penalty area which should have been a penalty for United.
Here ya go

Well I’m off to do family stuff that can’t be avoided. Townie, Brasky, phan and Co., you know what I would say when things happen today, please cosplay as me as necessary to keep dv7 in line. Looking forward to enjoying the misery this afternoon when I can watch the replay.

Back