• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Very good managers think Mount is good and want him on their team. I will trust those guys' assessment of his talent. But 80M with one year left on the deal is big yikes, no shot Man U go for that....right?

I like Mount and wanted him at Liverpool but not for anything near that price. Where does Mount play at United? He's not displacing Bruno as the 10 so is he on the wing or sitting deep next to Casemiro?

I like Mount and wanted him at Liverpool but not for anything near that price. Where does Mount play at United? He's not displacing Bruno as the 10 so is he on the wing or sitting deep next to Casemiro?
Think EtH sees him as someone to rotate with Eriksen at the 8

Ten Hag being a fan of Mount since his year at Vitesse could be informative in how he envisions this, but yeah, I think he does a lot of the same things prime Eriksen did, and they could drop Eriksen back a little deeper at times, I guess?

Last edited:
Could see that, and think he could be a decent fit, though would imagine that would be one of two or more -- like, couldn't see him being the main replacement coming off a 1 goal year.
Yea not a like for like whatsoever

City rumored to be going for Kovacic, who seems like a player Pep could level up to be insane even at 29.

Fabrizio saying Mac Allister will be "way less" than the rumored 65/70. I can see how Liverpool after this year might have moved on (or been forced to move on for various reasons) from Bellingham for 120, to Mac/Mount for 120, to Mac, Thuram, and Kone for about 120-ish (approx. 50/40/30? maybe? Prob a little more on each.). Don't think they were ever going to get in a bidding war this summer for anyone. Would be amazing if those three could get done before the U-21 Euros start -- don't know how possible that is, especially with PSG noise around Thuram, though they are apparently concentrating on winning Ugarte ahead of Chelsea. After that, I think any Liverpool incomings would probably be dependent on other outgoings and there might need to be some homegrown math figured in.

Also Hojlund and Kolo Muani to United noise today. Both really talented, and have the athleticism, though I don't think either are sure things. I'd take both in a second though. Def upgrades over Martial/Weghorst. That would be some heat for them in the front line.

Yea Bruno Fernandes created the most chances in the league by some distance but the conversion rate of United strikers this year was atrocious, apart from Rashford (who created a lot himself too).

Kone and Thuram: interested to see if they are both starters for France U-21. They were on the same youth team over 15/16, I guess, but who knows how positions were working then. Kone has also played with Marcus Thuram the last couple of years, and Khephren, at least, is pals with Konate.

Don't mind me, just generating some CONTENT today.

Adding Van de Ven, since there have been rumblings the last two days.

Last edited:
Hmmm, yeah, weird. Wonder what the deal there is. Madrid leaking to push him out?

Interesting stuff here on how Mac Allister has evolved, not only over his career, but just between Potter and De Zerbi. Can do a bit of many different things, which I think we all have seen, but interesting to see how it has played out numbers/position-wise

gave him our entire transfer budget

Did you see we’re close to pushing Moshiri down to minority stakeholder status? Won’t immediately solve the FFP problems, but promising.

Interesting stuff here on how Mac Allister has evolved, not only over his career, but just between Potter and De Zerbi. Can do a bit of many different things, which I think we all have seen, but interesting to see how it has played out numbers/position-wise

I might be on my own on this one too

Scottish Argie is a fine player but I think he's a bit over hyped coming off that WC. I like him with the ball at his feet but not sure what he offers when his side aren't in possession or how he would do in a side where he isn't the primary creator.

I might be on my own on this one too

Scottish Argie is a fine player but I think he's a bit over hyped coming off that WC. I like him with the ball at his feet but not sure what he offers when his side aren't in possession or how he would do in a side where he isn't the primary creator.
I mean, there was the World Cup to help answer some of your questions. All be it how Argie played isn't necessarily how a lot of EPL teams play. Really good squad player in a really good team IMO. Won't be the focal point (and won't need to be).

Back