• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

I might be on my own on this one too

Scottish Argie is a fine player but I think he's a bit over hyped coming off that WC. I like him with the ball at his feet but not sure what he offers when his side aren't in possession or how he would do in a side where he isn't the primary creator.
I like him in possession too but I worry about whether he has the athleticism you want to succeed as a Klopp 8.

I like him in possession too but I worry about whether he has the athleticism you want to succeed as a Klopp 8.
All I'm saying. He is limited and far from a complete player, so I just don't fully grasp the furore around him if we take a month in Qatar away.

Very solid player. But he wouldn't get into Man Uniteds first choice XI, for instance. Cas, Bruno, Eriksen all better in their respective roles

And he certainly isn't good enough to break into Man City's midfield, even if Gund goes

I mean, there was the World Cup to help answer some of your questions. All be it how Argie played isn't necessarily how a lot of EPL teams play. Really good squad player in a really good team IMO. Won't be the focal point (and won't need to be).
You just reiterated what I said about him when saying the World Cup answered questions I didn't ask about him

I know the player well, DM. We seem to agree on his strengths and weaknesses.

dv7 unconvinced Liverpool transfer target is good, more at 11

Jorg Schmadtke's son Nils is set to be named SD at Gladbach, which could make any Kone negotiations interesting. Nils was the scouting director at Wolfsburg, so I'm guessing they have an ok relationship. Gladbach need money and also just fired Farke, so I'm liking the signs on that one.

Interesting Postecoglu thread. I'm very interested in Matt O'Riley, btw, would be intrigued to see if he makes a PL move soon.

You just reiterated what I said about him when saying the World Cup answered questions I didn't ask about him

I know the player well, DM. We seem to agree on his strengths and weaknesses.
We're likely fairly aligned. But I do think you're taking a bridge too far with some of your takes with him vs. other players. Not a superstar, but at a big club this guy is going to play a significant role. The big teams really don't have just an XI IMO. Hence me calling him a really good squad player. So I'm guessing I like him better than you.

The idea you'd stick Eriksen out there ahead of him strikes me as odd at the respective stages of their careers. He's just now moving into the prime years of his career and has been asked to play different positions across a long season. There's no significant weakness to his game. Eriksen in his prime was more integral as a playmaker for sure. But Mac Allister is no slouch, is significantly more versatile overall (especially given the respective stages of their careers) and I think already has shown a better nose for goal than Eriksen ever had in his prime.

Back