• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

United score through Emeran! After a sloppy touch from some Leeds player. Hansen-Aaroeen won it and Emeran took a couple touches in through on goal and 5-holed the keeper with a smart finish.

Joe Hugill, a natural finisher, makes it 2-0. All he does is score goals. United should end up getting decent money for him from a Championship club. He would get you 15+ goals a season.

another big transfer fee for Man City from one of their academy products

I'd be shocked if Lavia is still on the south coast come September 2nd

Sergej Milinković Savić joins Al Hilal on €40m permanent deal from Lazio

Ruben Neves and SMS as their midfield duo. That's better than most clubs in Europe!

Talk to me about Elanga, @deacvision7
I like him. That twitter thread you posted said a lot of things I agree with.

Elanga is a smart, athletic player that works his socks off for you - not only in pressing but also tracking back to help out his fullback.
I think that thread was a little generous to Elanga's technical skills tho - he isn't the worst in the world but some of his touches will let you down. He won't get you many goals due to his lack of composure in the box, IMO.

That said, he is definitely a PL level player and would be a pretty regular starter for teams in the 8-15 range. He isn't good enough for a team in the CL but few are. I do think he is a type of player that could do well under Dyche given how hard he works in tracking back.

Personally would prefer him to move to a team that likes to counter directly as I think that's where he is at his best.

yeah sounds like he is going to accept the 700k per week offer from the Saudis. Obviously he would be completely selling out and it would largely invalidate all his work he has done for LGBTQ+ causes.

On the one hand I get why folks are making these moves - we are talking about generational wealth for his kids and maybe even grandkids. On the other hand, it's not like Henderson (or these other players) were struggling for money. And I don't know how I would justify moving my entire family to Saudi Arabia. He has kids that should be school-aged, so I guess he will just force everyone to leave their school and friends for a few years? Or do these players go by themselves and leave the families at home?

I'd go by myself and fly home every break. It would suck but he's crap and that is way overpaying for him.

$tevie Me probably getting a kick-back from those wages too. No way he legitimately thinks Henderson at 33 years old is a good midfield option in the oppressive Saudi heat.

I'd go by myself and fly home every break. It would suck but he's crap and that is way overpaying for him.

$tevie Me probably getting a kick-back from those wages too. No way he legitimately thinks Henderson at 33 years old is a good midfield option in the oppressive Saudi heat.
Fabinho is also rumored to move to the Saudi league, and I would trust Henderson's legs more than his. Henderson appears like he has been putting in some work trying to stay in shape.

FWIW, out of Fabinho/Thiago/Henderson, I would prefer to keep Henderson the most. Most Liverpool fans still like Henderson a lot, particularly in a more reduced "Milner-like" role.

yeah sounds like he is going to accept the 700k per week offer from the Saudis. Obviously he would be completely selling out and it would largely invalidate all his work he has done for LGBTQ+ causes.

On the one hand I get why folks are making these moves - we are talking about generational wealth for his kids and maybe even grandkids. On the other hand, it's not like Henderson (or these other players) were struggling for money. And I don't know how I would justify moving my entire family to Saudi Arabia. He has kids that should be school-aged, so I guess he will just force everyone to leave their school and friends for a few years? Or do these players go by themselves and leave the families at home?
i would think a lot leave the families at home. In pro sports in the US that happens all the time.

Losing Henderson/Milner in the same summer is a big leadership void, regardless of what folks thought of the onfield ability.

Of those three I’d go Fabinho/Henderson/Thiago of wanting to keep, but honestly I’d have kept Milner instead of Thiago, too.

If two of those guys go, Lavia would be great as part of a rebuild, but I’d hope they try for some miracle of Tchouameni or Valverde if Madrid need cash for Mbappe. Lot of turnover.

It's hard to quantify what the loss of your captain and co captain in the same summer means but you can't rely on heavy metal football if you have aging legs. Time to sell and replace.

Back